Seeking Help Tata Play Binge+ remote battery draining fast

• Thread starter Thread starter ronworld
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 9
  • Views Views: Views 948

ronworld

Reaction score
For past two years I'm using Tata Play Binge box and its bluetooth remote.
The issue is, the remote seems to be consuming batteries even when the stb and tv is turned off from mains and the remote is kept in a drawer. Hence, every few weeks on the screen there is frequent pop up msg displayed "Your batteries might be low, please use a pair of fresh batteries"

I again have to put in new batteries. I even tried rechargeable ones and the result is same within few weeks itself.
Whats the solution to this frequent annoying issue?
STB Bluetooth is already disabled from the settings. Can we somehow entirely disable the remotes BT?

Using IR mode in binge+ temote seems to drain the Binge Remote's battery faster, though I'm not aware of the technical explanation. However, switching back to Bluetooth should automatically resolve the issue
How to toggle between IR and BT mode? Afafik remote is operating on BT mode.

Same issues for me bro, my suggestion use this battery

Eveready Ultima Alkaline AAA Battery| Pack of 10 | 1.5 Volt | 400% Long Lasting | Highly Durable & Leak Proof | Alkaline AAA Battery for Household and Office Devices

https://amzn.in/d/0hVcL7ej

it's will working for 1.5 to 2 months, if your remote blue indicator continuously running means problem in remote, past month I had replaced it, if your purchase ur connection within 1 year, they will replaced @ free of cost or else Rs.375 charged

2nd option use tataplay hd remote for changing channels & use binge remote for ott content

I had using this method for above 1 year, during past month binge remote replaced technician told same sir use HD remote

The main problem with hd remote is many buttons are useless and buttons are small too while in binge+ they are very big..another thing if you ever factory reset you still need binge+ remote to proceed further , earlier in A9 it was possible even with normal hd remote

For battery I will recommend Duracell chota, it will last atleast 8-9 months or atleast a year...

Last year I too asked in the forum is there any way to convert the binge+ remote to IR mode but sadly no one knows..I feel there must be some secret combinations in the buttons

Press "select" & "volume +" button simultaneously to toggle between IR and BT mode.
Did that aka held both button for 5 sec but I didnt got any notification message or sound informing about the toggling.
Can you tell as to where to check for the status if IR or BT is currently active?

Btw just found that its not for toggling between IR/BT but for volume control.
Check here Buy new Tata Play Binge+ Set Top Box Remote Online at Best Price
and scroll to Customize Volume Control section

"The volume that is controlled by the Tata Play remote is based on the setup. Press SELECT and VOL+ buttons simultaneously. When the LED blinks twice, it will control the TV volume. When the LED blinks 4 times, it will control the STB volume."

Last edited:
I don't know whether it is right thread or not.Sony channels are not playing in Tata Play mobile app. Here it is raining heavily. I could not Ramayan on TV.

Back
Top Bottom