Tata Sky FY15 net loss at Rs 267.27 cr

• Thread starter Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 15
  • Views Views: Views 2,130

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
Tata Sky, a joint venture between Tata Sons and 21st Century Fox, has marginally reduced its net loss for the financial year ended 31 March 2015 while total income grew 23 per cent.

Tata Sky’s annual report shows that its net loss stood at Rs 267.27 crore (Rs 2.67 billion) in FY15 compared to Rs 280.41 crore (Rs 2.80 billion) a year ago. The direct-to-home (DTH) company’s operating profit, however, saw a massive 56.7 per cent jump.

TATA-Sky-rev_FY15.jpg

Tata Sky’s profit (before depreciation, finance, tax and prior period items) stood at Rs 926.74 crore (Rs 9.27 billion) compared to Rs 591.28 crore (Rs 5.91 billion) a year ago.

Total income grew to Rs 3,739 crore (Rs 37.39 billion), up from Rs 3040.01 crore (Rs 30.40 billion) in the year-ago period. Revenue break-up Subscription and service revenue jumped 30 per cent to Rs 3,397.6 crore (Rs 33.98 billion).

The activation and installation revenue saw a 21.4 per cent dip to Rs 324.5 crore (Rs 3.24 billion).

In the year-ago period, activation and installation revenue was at Rs 413 crore (Rs 4.13 billion), while subscription and service revenue was at Rs 2,608.8 crore (Rs 26.09 billion).

Total expenses stood at Rs 2,812.30 crore (Rs 28.12 billion), up 14.85 per cent, compared to Rs 2,448.73 crore (Rs 24.49 billion) incurred in FY14.

Subscriber base in FY15 According to Tata Sky, major events such as the FIFA World Cup, IPL and the Lok Sabha elections helped the DTH industry to add 9.4 million new subscribers in FY15.

The DTH company claims leadership in gross additions with 28 per cent market share (2.63 million gross additions).

However, Tata Sky had 9.1 million active subscribers at the end of 31 March 2015, compared to 7.8 million as of FY14.

Tata Sky converted nearly 1.3 million MPEG2 boxes into MPEG4 during the fiscal so as to release additional capacity and offer more channels to its subscribers, the annual report said.

The company claims to have ramped up its distribution reach by increasing the stocking towns to 56,000 and stocking dealers to 205,000 during the fiscal.

Tata Sky also said that a significant portion of new acquisitions in future years would come from the rural segment (potential 70–80 million).

These markets are also expected to be mandatorily digitised (DAS III geographies in Dec 2015 and DAS IV in Dec 2016).

Therefore, in its effort to grab the opportunity, the company invested in creating new distribution channels like ‘SONU’ (i.e. local village technician) and ‘Cable Garh’ (i.e. cluster of households in cable-dominant area).

Read more at: 

Tata Sky FY15 net loss at Rs 267.27 cr | TelevisionPost.com

THAKUR 4K said:
Tata Sky’s profit (before depreciation, finance, tax and prior period items) stood at Rs
Subscriber base in FY15 According to Tata Sky, major events such as the FIFA World Cup, IPL and the Lok Sabha elections helped the DTH industry to add 9.4 million new subscribers in FY15.

However, Tata Sky had 9.1 million active subscribers at the end of 31 March 2015, compared to 7.8 million as of FY14.

They are saying they added 9.5 million new subscribers in 2015 and again telling 9.1 million active subscribers can any one explain:shy. I mean how much active subscriber their in today:huh

amarnathkvk said:
They are saying they added 9.5 million new subscribers in 2015 and again telling 9.1 million active subscribers can any one explain:shy. I mean how much active subscriber their in today:huh
9.5 million new subscribers are the total of new subscribers of all DTH companies put together and not Tata sky only.

I don't think Tata sky will gain anything from the rural segment as all MSOs are cheating govt. by seeding unlicensed rural cable operators. In my locality all but me are subscribers of DEN as local cable operator charged only ₹ 80/- for all channels (through analog connection). Even they can also get digital connection (through optic fiber) by paying only ₹ 120/- . All of them get stbs but those are inactive. Without TMCP's nod central government is helpless to implement DAS phase I/II/III.... in West Bengal & TMCP will never implement it as they get hefty money from these local cable operators.

abhinaba said:
I don't think Tata sky will gain anything from the rural segment as all MSOs are cheating govt. by seeding unlicensed rural cable operators. In my locality all but me are subscribers of DEN as local cable operator charged only ₹ 80/- for all channels (through analog connection). Even they can also get digital connection (through optic fiber) by paying only ₹ 120/- . All of them get stbs but those are inactive. Without TMCP's nod central government is helpless to implement DAS phase I/II/III.... in West Bengal & TMCP will never implement it as they get hefty money from these local cable operators.

In kolkata,here we have Analog switch off and set top box with packages are in effect:tup

In my place most people use Signet Digital setopbox second Videocon D2h then Tata Sky then Airtel & then Dish TV last RDTV noone uses Sun Direct even dealers don't have Sun Direct at shop :)

Back
Top Bottom