TS review

prasad1979

Contributor
Reaction score
My review of TataSky -

I was frustrated with my cable operator. I paid him full cash for STB but for 5 months he kept promising that within 2 weeks it will be done. Then he returned the money & just shrugged his shoulders:wall

So this month I booked TataSky from neighbourhood TV store for Rs. 1700 with 2 months of Supreme Sports kids pack free.
He said above 10 mtr cable length will be charged extra at Rs. 12/mtr.
Delivery & installation happened 36 hours after booking. I had to pay more for the cable at Rs. 15/mtr. (Service guy told this is different cable!):shutoff

Though overall installation was hasselfree & our connection was activated in 10 minutes.:k

I've Philips 32" LCD.
First thing I noticed was picture quality - it is average.:u Discovery channel is a disappointment - it is like watching Video CD (VCD)! Same thing about Star Cricket (Ind/Eng series). But somehow ESPN (Aus/SA series) looks better - Is it due to quality of Australian broadcast?
Audio quality is very good.:k
I wonder why TataSky is not providing FM radio channels - is it bandwidth issue?:huh

STB has no physical buttons. I was surprised to see how small it is. I'm not sure if my STB is mpeg4 compatible - how to identify it?:huh

Remote is ergonomic. It was irritating to juggle 2 remotes (TV & STB) for audio. Then I managed to program the universal remote (STB) & now no problem. Programming the remote was easy.:tup

Menu layout is good - quick to getting used to. Facility to store favourite channel is very good as it very hard to remember channel numbers & opening guide every time to navigate your channel is cumbersome.

EPG is ok, it gives schedule but no information (i button on remote) is available. It's always - "No information available now, pl. try later"- even after watching the channel for 10 minutes.

I liked the reminder function of EPG, now I can plan TV viewing.

Help function is also good - it lists all package information (like website). But is takes time to load.

TataSky doesn't have toll free number, that’s not good. But mytatasky.com looks user friendly - so I guess rarely I need to call customer care?

I've not used showcase yet so can't write about it.

Overall I will rate it as average experience. If the picture quality was better I would've rated 'good'.

Thanks for reading...:tup

You can use webportal for contacting customer care online.
I wonder why picture quality is not good for you.
I am very much satisfied with picture quality of T(S.
But agree that only few channels are having low picture quality like AXN.

First of all congrats for the new connection and welcome to Jingalala World :lol

STB has no physical buttons. I was surprised to see how small it is.
New STBs dont have any physical buttons :skd:huh can you post a snap of the STB

I'm not sure if my STB is mpeg4 compatible - how to identify it?:huh
All STBs that are delivered now are mpeg4 compatible only :k

Remote is ergonomic. It was irritating to juggle 2 remotes (TV & STB) for audio. Then I managed to program the universal remote (STB) & now no problem. Programming the remote was easy.:tup
So, they started supplying the universal remotes now :tup

EPG is ok, it gives schedule but no information (i button on remote) is available. It's always - "No information available now, pl. try later"- even after watching the channel for 10 minutes.
Try in a different channel or Program. Mostly i used to get info for all programs. But yes on few programs they dont give info ;)

mytatasky.com looks user friendly - so I guess rarely I need to call customer care?
exactly.... you can do anything you want thru the portal. infact after the changes that has been made to the portal recently, there is no need to call CC :tup

I agree the point ind vs eng series in star cricket hd is not as good as AUS vs RSA match..i too thought as it was shot in Australia they are using high quality camera& equipments..:huh..does anybody noticed it:shy..discovery channel sd& hd picture quality is also less considerably than nat geo..audio is best in TS:sp..but some channels PQ is excellant like sony mix,Sun music,NDTV:sp..all should complain these facts to customer care online..me already did it:lol

Hear are the snaps. Pl. excuse my photography.

BB3kI.jpg

bZjOh.jpg

sacoeguy said:
I agree the point ind vs eng series in star cricket hd is not as good as AUS vs RSA match..i too thought as it was shot in Australia they are using high quality camera& equipments..:huh..does anybody noticed it:shy..discovery channel sd& hd picture quality is also less considerably than nat geo..audio is best in TS:sp..but some channels PQ is excellant like sony mix,Sun music,NDTV:sp..all should complain these facts to customer care online..me already did it:lol

Yes it is true.I also feel AUS-SA series clarity is more better than IND-ENG series.That isn't fault of TS.It is because-
Channel 9 is the producer of feed for the series.Whereas here crap BCCI is the feed producer.ESS just shows the feed through their channel,they have nothing to do in the production.

If ESS was the producer,it would have been good as channel9.

@prasad1979 Nice snaps bro.... new STB looks awesome :sp:sp:sp no buttons at all :skd

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock