Good News Upgraded to Binge+ just for TravelXP 4k HDR

alamodein

Reaction score
(Thanks to Vadi Bro for his replies on PM)
Bought Binge+ box as addon connection (3rd connection) for Rs 1799 ( after using 200 Discount coupon) to experience Travel XP 4KHDR

Now I have 3 TS Connections on same Account, so have Suspended 2nd connection (HD Box) which is extra box
(I could have upgraded the secondary HD box to Binge+ but 200 Coupon was not applicable on upgrade)

1. I am using only FTA channels on Binge+ box so paying only Rs 62 (as NCF)

2. As recommneded by many members on forum, I am using Ethernet Cable so no buffering on Travel XP 4k channel (otherwise too much buffering on Wifi even with 100 MBps connection on 5GHz)

3. The only issue I had... Binge+ box require highspeed (atleast 18GBps) HDMI cable for HDR content, so I have to temperarily disconnect my Apple TV 4k box and use its 8K supported HDMI cable for Binge+ box
The cable came with Binge+ box is small and I cant pass it inside Back Board of Tv Unit.

4. Got 1 Month free Binge Subscription, but I will discontinue it because I already have major OTT susbcriptions and I dont use Erosnow, Sheemaro, Voot Kids, Sunnxt.

5. Picture Quality of Travel XP 4k not as expected (compare to other OTT 4k contents and 4k Blu-ray Movies) Though HDR makes picture better and color somewhat alive). Still HDR content on Netflix, Disney HS, AppleTV+, much better than this channel (snapshot below)

Thanks everyone for direct and indirect help as always

IMG-20210719-164230-01.jpg

Last edited:
2. As recommneded by many members on forum, I am using Ethernet Cable so no buffering on Travel XP 4k channel (otherwise too much buffering on Wifi even with 100 MBps connection on 5GHz)

3. The only issue I had... Binge+ box require highspeed (atleast 18GBps) HDMI cable for HDR content, so I have to temperarily disconnect my Apple TV 4k box and use its 8K supported HDMI cable for Binge+ box
The cable came with Binge+ box is small and I cant pass it inside Back Board of Tv Unit.

5. Picture Quality of Travel XP 4k not as expected (compare to other OTT 4k contents and 4k Blu-ray Movies) Though HDR makes picture better and color somewhat alive). Still HDR content on Netflix, Disney HS, AppleTV+, much better than this channel (snapshot below)
Congrats for new Box...
On point no 2 ..
Yes we need to connect by LAN cable...It's better to use higher than CAT5 LAN cable if the speed is 50 Mbps...I have seen the difference...
On point 3..
Me too changed to HDMI 2.1 8K compatible cable and got better quality...

On point no 5..
I have written on this in a reply as me too using 4K OTT services...

There is a cache...
If ur 4K TV have the option/feature of 4K Enhance then desable in the Binge plus connected Source and compare the picture quality...

Congrats for new Box...
On point no 2 ..
Yes we need to connect by LAN cable...It's better to use higher than CAT5 LAN cable if the speed is 50 Mbps...I have seen the difference...
On point 3..
Me too changed to HDMI 2.1 8K compatible cable and got better quality...

On point no 5..
I have written on this in a reply as me too using 4K OTT services...

There is a cache...
If ur 4K TV have the option/feature of 4K Enhance then desable in the Binge plus connected Source and compare the picture quality...
Good point, I forgot about. I will disable the Enhance HDMI option and I think my Old cable should work
But not sure if HDR will work or not because, I had lot of issues with Apple Tv 4k with Enhance HDMi disabled and old HDMi 2.0 cables

Good point, I forgot about. I will disable the Enhance HDMI option and I think my Old cable should work
But not sure if HDR will work or not because, I had lot of issues with Apple Tv 4k with Enhance HDMi disabled and old HDMi 2.0 cables
HDMI provided with Binge plus is 2.0 as they said...Better to have 2.1 8K compatible one..

Now all most all tvs will auto-detect the HDR connect

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock