Seeking Help Video and audio going off for 2 seconds and getting black lines sometimes on Hungama TV only in Sun Direct HD

• Thread starter Thread starter 0039808520e
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 2
  • Views Views: Views 347

0039808520e

Reaction score
Guys! I need your help! I have a Sun Direct HD connection which I bought in 03/01/2019. For the past couple months I'm facing a problem where the video and audio sometimes going off for 2 seconds and coming back. The video goes black (or you may call it no input - I'm saying this because I have a 4K TV and the screen I see when I experience this problem is same as when I turn on TV without Sun Direct turned on. I think you may get it now). When this happens I hear a "dupp" sound from my TV speakers. I've experienced this almost 6 times now. This only happens for 2 seconds at most and things become normal again. I thought of recording it with my mobile but it's too random and doens't happen at regular time intervals. I don't think there is any issue with my TV as I don't face this issue while I'm watching YouTube on my TV or watching a movie via a laptop connected through HDMI or surfing the internet through my TV. Another issues I'm facing is I see faint black horizontal lines in Hungama channel ONLY. I don't see the black lines in any other channel. The lines are random, sometimes they appear in the bottom, sometimes middle, sometimes upper middle. The audio-video outage problem, I think it's universal as I saw it on Cartoon Network HD channel today. But the black line problem is only on Hungama, I think it's a broadcaster issue. I need input from seniors here and would love any advice on how to diagnose this. I'm a newbie here so sorry if I'm asking the most basic of things. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Could this be an issue with the current HDMI port on your TV that the Set Top Box is connected to? If your TV has more than one HDMI port, plug the cable into a different port (HDMI 2 or 3 or 4 instead of HDMI 1) than the current one and see if that resolves the issue. If the issue is resolved, then the current HDMI port could be the problem.

If that doesn't work, try using a different HDMI cable to connect the STB to your TV. If this resolves the issue, then the problem could be with the HDMI cable.

If neither of these workarounds solve your issue, then the issue could be with the STB itself. Get the STB replaced from Sun Direct to see if that resolves the issue.

Could this be an issue with the current HDMI port on your TV that the Set Top Box is connected to? If your TV has more than one HDMI port, plug the cable into a different port (HDMI 2 or 3 or 4 instead of HDMI 1) than the current one and see if that resolves the issue. If the issue is resolved, then the current HDMI port could be the problem.

If that doesn't work, try using a different HDMI cable to connect the STB to your TV. If this resolves the issue, then the problem could be with the HDMI cable.

If neither of these workarounds solve your issue, then the issue could be with the STB itself. Get the STB replaced from Sun Direct to see if that resolves the issue.
Thanks! I thought of the HDMI cable too. I'll replace the cable today and see if the issue resolves.

Back
Top Bottom