What date did Dragon Ball Z originally premier in India?

Reaction score
Does anyone have an answer? I've been trying to find a concrete answer on this, the most specific I can find is September 2001 when the Toonami block launched on Cartoon Network.

Also, I keep reading about there being some agreement between Cartoon Network and Toonami that only lasted until 2017, does anyone have any info on this, like an article or something? I'd love to hear all about it.

Dragon Ball Z first Premiered in Cartoon Network India in 2001 according to news source , exact date is not mentioned. they might have aired with less promos- it aired between 2001- 2002 in Toonami block.

Later in 2006-2009 they aired Dragon Ball Z in Cartoon Network India & DBZ films in evening and night in Hindi, Tamil & Telugu with more promo ads in Cartoon Network India.

Last edited:

Dragon Ball Z first Premiered in Cartoon Network India in 2001 according to news source , exact date is not mentioned. they might have aired with less promos- it aired between 2001- 2002 in Toonami block.

Later in 2006-2009 they aired Dragon Ball Z in Cartoon Network India & DBZ films in evening and night in Hindi, Tamil & Telugu with more promo ads in Cartoon Network India.
They even aired it on Pogo, right ?

They even aired it on Pogo, right ?
they didnt aired dbz in pogo, goku won best animated character award in kids award show in pogo some years back. they even showed goku clip with voice actor in screen thanking for voting for goku.

Back
Top Bottom