Which direction should I align dish to get FTA tamil and other channels

• Thread starter vishk
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 8
  • Views: Views 6,482

vishk

Reaction score
Dear All,

Me novoice to all this dish setup and free to air STB. I am at starting point in it so I need help. I have already bought Free to Air setup box and tried to get signal from tata sky dish which is still active. When I tried it the STB scanned the channels and it showed channel but it was all encrypted and after that I learned that the dish and LNB need to adjusted to get FTA channels. I will buy new dish and LNB for it. Can you guys help me to which direction should I place the dish to get FTA tamil channels and other FTA channels.

Note - Tata sky dish received only tatasky channels and every channel was locked even the DD channels to . I dont know why I thought FTA channels will be received by every dish in any direction

Please be aware that there are 2 types of satellite reception - C band and Ku band. Both needs different type of dishes and LNBs.

Being a beginner, you should try with the C band reception from Insat 4B at 83°E and Intelsat 17 @ 66°E. They have good coverage over South India and can be easily tracked.

Intelsat 17 can be called as Rajnikanth of satellites because of the number of FTA tamil channels. Many popular Tamil channels are available on that satellite.

Insat 4B offers few Tamil channels and a whole lot of other language FTA channels. And it's in same direction as TataSky and hence won't be a big deal for you to fix the direction.

When you buy the new dish and LNBs, make sure to get satellite meter which is very helpful during the initial stages of tracking satellites.

From what you're saying,, I guess you're using k band dish (65CM) to track satellites right?
With 65cm dish only fta satellite is 93.5 (ddfd). you can't get free channels from TS or ADTV. Even though they have free channels they're encrypted and can only decrypted with their set top box. purchase a universal LNB (Ex. Solid, sharp) and tune into 93.5. you'll get DD Podhigai and 2 tamil FM Rainbow.
If you want more tamil FTA channels you have to purchase 6 or 8 ft. dish with c band LNB. which cost around Rs. 4,600

Thanks for the reply guys.. so from what you have said. The one I have is ku band. The normal tata sky dish which I already have. First let me try with ku band then I will move on the C band step by step. I already bought a FTA setup box from online iBRAVEBOX V8 is this ok and also is there any other ku band satellite. Which direction should I put my dish to get the DD channels so that I can test the FTA Setup box and also what is that 93.5.

You bought Ibrave box v8 Magic ? same one i too have from Amzone.

Oh is the stb good.. Are you receving free channels in it. Can you help me how to set up the dish in correct way to get the FTA channels.

I purchased this model a it saying able to watch channels. i tried for some channels it is not working.. rest performance ok.

Thanks for the reply guys.. so from what you have said. The one I have is ku band. The normal tata sky dish which I already have. First let me try with ku band then I will move on the C band step by step. I already bought a FTA setup box from online iBRAVEBOX V8 is this ok and also is there any other ku band satellite. Which direction should I put my dish to get the DD channels so that I can test the FTA Setup box and also what is that 93.5.
If you've set your dish on Tata Sky direction, you have to tune left from the current direction (from behind). If you have angle marking, you'll get signals between 61 and 63 degree angle.
you can get some fta channels from abs 2 on 75E. But all of them christian religious channels. you'll also get viktor kites from 74E which is malayalam Educational channel. you can get some arab channels on Eutelsat 70B.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock