Breaking Airtel Digital TV in talks with Dish TV for merger

Are you happy with Airtel Digital TV - Dish TV merger?

• Total voters
My Assumption:

Mittal wont completely Sell ADTV to Dish. He may sell only 50% shares and still retains authority in new merged entity. He will continue the brand Airtel DTH as like before but under DishTV.

This move will make DishTV as single largest DTH company with D2H, Airtel as its subsidiary partners.

Last edited:
After Trai implementation this business runs on numbers,more numbers of subscribers more Rs153 NCF,margin per subscriber will be coming down to less than Rs200 for DishTV and Rs230 for Airtel,so Airtel sees future reduction of profits drastically and at that time Jio will be launched and many will start disconnecting DTH connections as they will be happy with single cable Jio broadband connection giving them broadband, TV channels with android option and a landline.
Airtel has lot of loan due to mobile business,so this is the right time to sell DTH and take more to reduce debts.If this happens Tata sky will also comes under stress in coming days and they also will have no option but to sell to another DTH operator or merge another DTH company to servive

LOL !!!

TS is currently most profitable DTH, I think
and do you know who owns TS ???

Each of their stakeholders are capable of buying the whole Indian DTH Industry. :lol::lol::LOL:

I think this merger will not happen.Firstly Dish TV got some trouble after acquiring D2H. Secondly Dish TV is the market leader,post merger with d2h it strengthened the customer base. If they again go for a merger with a rival company having huge customers then Dish TV will get a lion share in DTH sector. This can make regulatory issues before competition commission.If Airtel really wishes for a merger then they will have to meet TS soon again.

If this merger happens only Sun direct and Tatasky left out.. People will go for tata sky for maximum channels availability

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock