Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
The World Television Premiere of #Baahubali2: The Conclusion on Oct 8th

Hindi Sony Max 1 Pm,
Tamil Star Vijaya 3 Pm,
Telugu Star Maa 5 PM

2qGfcqm.jpg

I have a doubt. From the 1st post, it's clear that TV rights were bought by Sony (Hindi) & Star (Tamil & Telugu). So definitely Star can't telecast this movie in Hindi & Sony can't on Tamil/Telugu.
But Can Sony telecast in Hindi on Sony's any south channels (*Just googled and found Sony don't have any sister channel in any of the southern languages)?
Can Star Plus or Star Gold telecast this movie in Tamil/Telugu?

Can Star Plus or Star Gold telecast this movie in Tamil/Telugu?

No, @Pranab Bhai.....becouse No, Hindi Gen or Movie channels showing Tamil/Telugu movie..
Only Star Vijaya and another Star tamil channel... i dont remember name
Star Maa, Star Maa Movies, Star Maa Gold showing in Telugu

Last edited:
I know Star Gold/Plus not showing this movie.
My question is little different.
Read it again please.

Here 'Can' means 'Telecast Rights'.
Star Gold / Star Plus are registered as Hindi channels, they cannot show telugu

Star Gold / Star Plus are registered as Hindi channels, they cannot show telugu
Bro, if a English movie channel (also other regional channels) can telecast purely Hindi show (ZCA), why can't Hindi GEC/Movie channel can't show regional language movie? Shocking: Zee Cine Awards in Z Studio
I think the answer is itself there in my question (post#2), they don't have the rights!

I know Star Gold/Plus not showing this movie.
My question is little different.
Read it again please.

Here 'Can' means 'Telecast Rights'.

Got It, Bhai......as simple answer is NO,

I have a doubt.Can Star Plus or Star Gold telecast this movie in Tamil/Telugu?
Yes,they have rights to telecast that baahubali movie in their network channels in telugu or Tamil or Malayalam.(I don't know about kannada movie satellite rights) Channel region is does not matter as they have bought satellite rights.

Yes star can show Malayalam/tamil/telugu movie on any channel of their network.

Even Sony can show hindi version any channel of network.

But each channel is targeted for some specific genre. Like Vijay for Tamil & maa for telugu.

If they air hindi program on it they'll loose the genre & loose the viewership. Same applies to star gold/plus.

The satellite rights for multi-language films like Baahubali are bought months in advance. Sony bought the Hindi rights and they can air it on SET Max. Star bought the Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam rights and they can air it on Star Vijay, Asianet and Star Maa.
Suppose Sony launches a Telugu channel. That channel cannot air Baahubali in either Hindi or Telugu. Similarly Star Maa can air Baahubali in Telugu but not Hindi. In the MIB list it will be mentioned which channels can broadcast in which languages.
Star Gold can air Baahubali in Tamil/Telugu but then in the MIB list it is listed as a Hindi channel (even though it is also written 'and all other Indian scheduled languages'). Also, what is the point?

NOTE: For the first part the Hindi and Telugu rights are wih the same channels, but Jaya has the Tamil rights and Mazhavil Manorama the Malayalam rights.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock