Breaking MPEG 4 slot E-Auction Result | 15 channels will be added w.e.f. 15th April on DDFD

• Thread starter DDD+
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 53
  • Views: Views 18,956
Brother, i have myself stated many times that each channel has viewership & can't be treated as crap. All the channels getting added will also get positive response from section of people but what is not right is unequal & skewed representation of certain genres.

Free Dish is adding religious, shopping, news ,some regional channels but those who want to watch movies, basic entertainment have very limited choices. No one expects them to add premium paid channels but making policies suited for re-entry of FTA channels from big broadcasters should be done on urgent basis. We can easily say that one should opt for private operator to see favourite channels but a poor person cannot afford paying even small amount for TV Bills, whole purpose of Free Dish was to give this section basic access to entertainment.

If some one is not ready to get on board then how can you force them to buy slot ?

If some one is not ready to get on board then how can you force them to buy slot ?

Brother, i never said that DD can or should force broadcaster to come on their platform but as i have clearly stated in the line before the one u have highlighted that DD shoud make policies keeping interests of all stakeholders in mind. Most of the big FTA channels exited the platform bcoz they considered new terms unacceptable and financially unviable

Brother, i never said that DD can or should force broadcaster to come on their platform but as i have clearly stated in the line before the one u have highlighted that DD shoud make policies keeping interests of all stakeholders in mind. Most of the big FTA channels exited the platform bcoz they considered new terms unacceptable and financially unviable

DD already made their policy and it's same for all, if small broadcaster's can pay the fee under new auction rules and win slots then big broadcasters definitely can. So it's not that DD made it impossible for Big boys re-entry. Infact 5 lakh per year for a slot is nothing considering Star is getting 10 lakhs for 10 sec IPL ads

Last edited:
@SarfaRaZ bro can you tell me apart from DD Odia and AIR Odia why no Odia channels are placed on DD Free Dish ? Are there not many FTA Odia Channels????

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock