Breaking Prasar Bharti to Take Action Against Dish TV

Always been wondering- Why was this case ruled in favor of Star? What is the rationale behind agreeing that if I have a private DTH, I can not watch DD Sports (now 1.0) for viewing matches that Star Network is broadcasting?

I know it has been ruled by Supreme Court, but my question is what made them win the case in their favor?
Bad lawyer could be the reason :lol:

That is not possible for any operator as 2.0 feed only available from DD during match timings
So you mean other dth are removing 1.0 and adding 2.0 on the same slot. Every time the match shown on DD sports1.0.

If this is the case then dish tv can also do it,
I gusse...

Always been wondering- Why was this case ruled in favor of Star? What is the rationale behind agreeing that if I have a private DTH, I can not watch DD Sports (now 1.0) for viewing matches that Star Network is broadcasting?

I know it has been ruled by Supreme Court, but my question is what made them win the case in their favor?
Because Star invested crores for broadcasting rights, if DD Sports will air ICC World Cup on Dth too than who will opt for Star channels. So they will end up with loss and low viewership.

Even I was wondering the same. Earlier when matches were live on DD national, they were (supposed to) block DD National as well, right?
Yes but now they can't block any of them

Because Star invested crores for broadcasting rights, if DD Sports will air ICC World Cup on Dth too than who will opt for Star channels. So they will end up with loss and low viewership.
Correct, I am no lawyer to contest this, but I think this is sheer injustice. What is the deal between exclusivity of Broadcasting Rights and sharing with the Government counterpart? How is DD Sports getting the feed - is it from Star itself? And are they getting it for free?

Investing crores in Broadcasting Rights is due to healthy competition, but then again, consumer getting affected by it is bad.

If DD Sports is paying to get the feed, then all subscribers who have DD Sports should be able to view it for free.

I am surprised that the Supreme Court has honored such a case and awarded it to Star.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock