• Thread starter Deep.S
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 7
  • Views: Views 2,085

Deep.S

Satellite Expert
Contributor
Reaction score
Swaraj Express Started from Insat 4A @83* east.

On Frequency: 3777 H 11249

34e428f86fb3848a4f558dad716c07bb.jpg

Nope.

I understand that the channels' name, genre is same, and even DOG is almost similar.

But apart from those cosmetic similarities, there is nothing else. One of them was apparently busted in a Cobrapost® sting, i.e. the other hasn't.
One is regional Hind[ustan]i news-channel in practice, the other is nationally-focused news channel with some regional and special-interests focus, like agriculture.( And hence, indirectly-competing with DD® Kisan.)
And now..
Dependent upon the correspondence of your worldview with your ideological alignments: It might be the one of the very few outliers in the so-called Indian "electronic media", or just "one of the bikāu*" ones not conducting debates on "pressing topics" like almost the entirety of Hind[ustan]i news & channels are covering, national or even regional — doesn't matter. Here's a blog in the vernacular confirming the same**:
Sappal's Swaraj Express versus Tripathi's Swaraj Express!( Translated header)

<br>
*Hindustani for ‘sellout’, in this connotation.
**It's in Hinglish with all of the text transcribed in Devanagari except for the alleged trademark-dilemma in this unique case[?], those proper-nouns. Like Wikipedia®'s own guidelines, I tried to find a better-source because of that and also, a non-Hind[ustan]i one owing to my independently-interpretation of language-restrictions here but unfortunately, the low-profile of both channels[ before the Cobrapost® sting, even though one of them wasn't even LIVE with its test-signal at the time of that tape-release] meant there was no superior-source covering this( I'm not supposed to cite platforms like reddit® here, no?).
cc: Mr @Akash 85 & Mr @Deep.S

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock