10 DD Channels started on GSAT 10 on 3885 V 27500

• Thread starter Deepu
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 40
  • Views: Views 9,314
DishHD said:
May be Tatasky acquire all 12 tp's avialable in gsat 10 but instersting thing to see will be that will they get tp's has mp4 ready or they have to convert them in mp4 which will take a long time to do :huh

mpeg4 conversion of a tp takes long time? i think no

I dont think there is anything like MPEG4 TP, any DTH operator can use any TP to broadcast channels in MPEG2/4 format

deepums said:
I dont think there is anything like MPEG4 TP, any DTH operator can use any TP to broadcast channels in MPEG2/4 format

Yes their is a lot of difference between mp2 (1995) and mp4(1998) technology beside they both do the same thing has mp2 requires double the bandwidth amount compared to mp4 for the picture quality of same on both channel, and secondly Tatasky has already dumped mp2 technology a long time ago and n is now focusing only on mp4 technology but they failed to convert all their tps from dvb s(mp2) to dvb s2(mp4) in their current satellite. So now if Tatasky wants to use tp's from this gsat 10 then they have to get tp's has dvb s2 ready or convert them to dvb s2 to start using tp's from gsat 10 bcuz they have already started replacing current mp2 stbs with mp4 stbs for customers

DishHD said:
Yes their is a lot of difference between mp2 (1995) and mp4(1998) technology beside they both do the same thing has mp2 requires double the bandwidth amount compared to mp4 for the picture quality of same on both channel, and secondly Tatasky has already dumped mp2 technology a long time ago and n is now focusing only on mp4 technology but they failed to convert all their tps from dvb s(mp2) to dvb s2(mp4) in their current satellite. So now if Tatasky wants to use tp's from this gsat 10 then they have to get tp's has dvb s2 ready or convert them to dvb s2 to start using tp's from gsat 10 bcuz they have already started replacing current mp2 stbs with mp4 stbs for customers

I am no sat expert, only some Technology gurus can answer this query

Well MPEG 4 Doesnt mean it has to be in DVBS2 ..

the operator /broadcaster decides MPEG2 or MPEG 4 for his sutability ..
Now all SAT TP/Frequencies can be broadcast MPEG2 ,MPEG4/H.264 ,H.265 HEVC /Ultra HD ...
BTW SES 8 a new sat but Dish TV is using MPEG2.

Mr.Kumarbhai said:
Well MPEG 4 Doesnt mean it has to be in DVBS2 ..

the operator /broadcaster decides MPEG2 or MPEG 4 for his sutability ..
Now all SAT TP/Frequencies can be broadcast MPEG2 ,MPEG4/H.264 ,H.265 HEVC /Ultra HD ...
BTW SES 8 a new sat but Dish TV is using MPEG2.

Yes i know its not important for a dvb s tp to carry only mp2 channel or dvb s2 tp to carry only mp4 channels but its like a system has mostly we see dvb s tps are used mostly for mp2 channels and dvb s2 for mp4 channel's and i agree too about dish tv is always a vintage thinker but dish tv doesn't have any tp space crunch problem like Tatasky does may be that's the reason for dish tv has gone with old technology mp2 dvbs instead of newer dvb s2 mp4 and remember most of dish tv customers are most probably from rural areas who don't care much about pq and aq much has a mp4 channel with good bitrate can have much better pq and aq compared to a mp2 channel with same bitrate :shy

Sun Direct and RDTV is using MPEG4 DVBS .. not DVBS2.. All DTH r using DVBS2 MPEG4 For HD Channels including Dish TV ..

DishHD said:
Yes I agree dish tv is always a vintage thinker but dish tv doesn't have any tp space crunch problem like Tatasky does may be that's the reason for dish tv has gone with old technology mp2 dvbs instead of latest dvb s2 mp4 and remember most of dish tv customers are most probably from rural areas who don't care about pq and aq much :shy

MPEG2 broadcast doesnt reduce the PQ any Time .. The reduced quality in SD Channels in Dish TV is from Dish TV Side only ..may be bcoz of its SW ..dont know exactly . U can compare same channels in DD FD or C Band broadcast ..

DishHD said:

all the tps are not failed to convert into mpeg4..they are converting the tps based on the requirement.if they want, they can convert all tps into mpeg4 immediately.but because of mpeg2 channels, they are not converting.

Mr.Kumarbhai said:
MPEG2 broadcast doesnt reduce the PQ any Time .. The reduced quality in SD Channels in Dish TV is from Dish TV Side only ..may be bcoz of its SW ..dont know exactly . U can compare same channels in DD FD or C Band broadcast ..

I meant to say for example will their be no difference in between pq and aq on this both channels telecasted like below.

Channel no 1. Broadcasted in dvb s tp in mp2 format with 2 Mbps bitrate
Channel no 2. Broadcasted in dvb s2 tp in mp4 format with same 2 Mbps bitrate :huh

Bcuz from what I have heard and learned is that mp4 codec provides much better pq and aq with very less bitrate compared to have mp2 format.

Plus a dvbs2 8psk 2/3 or 3/4 tp carries much more bandwidth compared to any dvb s tp.

Has normally a dvb s tp can carry a bandwidth of between 38 Mbps to 45 Mbps max where has bandwidth of a single dvb s2 tp can start from 60 Mbps and can go more than 100 Mbps per tp :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock