Breaking 2 HD + 20 SD Channels Testing On New Tp By Tata Play

Not Happening Bro!

New RIO Causing Delay
Bro new RIO implementation may be implemented after lok sabha elections as TRAI has decided to scrutinize it before implementing as it may impact subscription cost and will increase monthly charges of dth ..So govt don't want anger among peoples before election.

Bro new RIO implementation may be implemented after lok sabha elections as TRAI has decided to scrutinize it before implementing as it may impact subscription cost and will increase monthly charges of dth ..So govt don't want anger among peoples before election.

That is for NTO guidelines which are still in process of being discussed for revision to be made, consultation / meetings are happening and views being submitted by various stakeholders will be evaluated so it will take some more time.....anyways with already so many changes been made and more likely to be implemented soon , in my opinion / observation the new guidelines would not serve the intended purpose of making it affordable and convenient for viewers to opt for their favorite channels through different modes...... Broadcasters did not adopt the original rules with right / positive spirit and rather made pricing of channels not only costly without a reason just so as to increase ARPU rather than having a long term vision of bringing in goof content on their channels which would have thought in great subscription + ad revenue.....somehow broadcasters wanted old Pre NTO rules to be revived as in that they got bulk advance payments for long term RIO agreement with operators but for customers that left us with option to just opt for DPO curtaed bouquets as DTH /Cable TV operators kept pricing of A La Carte channels insanely high.

Last edited:
Just to add to a above point i strongly feel that it is NTO which caused any issue or problems incase of Linear TV space but improper way of implementation of the guidelines done by broadcasters as explained above and earlier by me caused the decline in viewership which coupled with OTT + Affordable Internet/ Broadband getting more penetration further lead to acceleration in shift towards digital platforms ....... Still now things have stabled down and broadcasters need to take corrective measures to address previous flaws / shortcomings like higher pricing of channels which they themselves caused and even innovate to come up with good content , both mass and niche channels can do well on TV with a well crafted strategy, also they need to stop being insecure about DD Free Dish (FTA channel viewers) as there is enough space to expand + cater to Pay TV , FTA audience segment

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock