ABS-2 first signals appear, new channels started

Some More Tp started, old Tps (yesterday) sr changed. Anybody plz chk.

2yzasyha.jpg

2a3atavu.jpg

4e7aruhe.jpg

Bad News ???

Company "Satellite TV" (STV), which intends to deliver a signal from the spacecraft (SC) ABS-2, April 1, will start commercial broadcasting. Last week, the operator proceeded to test operation of the service.
This told the CEO of "Satellite TV" (STV) Julia Shahmanova fourth international forum CONNECTED TV & DIGITAL MEDIA. Content, Devices, Platforms, Distribution.
STV after the space flight tests ABS-2 (75 deg. E) gained admission to this satellite. The signal from the spacecraft covers almost the entire territory of Russia except North.
ABS-2, ordered operator Asia Broadcast Satellite, was launched from the spaceport in Kourou February 7, 2014. We have satellite capacity in C-, Ku-and Ka-band. In total he has 89 transponders. STV rented three transponder on the spacecraft, one of which is reserved exclusively for HD. STV for a test period of 1 April, plans to fill in all three transponder 70%, told the IAA TelecomDaily Julia Shahmanova.
RTR also recently through its subsidiary "Digital TV" has closed a deal to buy a blocking stake in STV. Amount of the transaction was not disclosed. "All channels RTR stand on the platform" - said Julia Shahmanova.
STV functions previously performed by the company for RTR "GeoTelecommunications" - it provided a place on ABS-1 satellite (75 deg. E). Also secured her nine transponders on ABS-2.
"Y" GeoTelecommunications "moment came when they ran the technical possibilities for arranging channels. And for us it is important to have all the channels of our package is not enough that at one point, so even on a single transponder to open channels with a single card. But Today we afford it can not, because of the canal "History", has launched May 9, 2013, the position on ABS-1 satellite is not enough "- said in February this year in an interview with" The Cable Guy "Deputy Director General of the" Digital TV "Sergei Koshliakov.
In CT, established in early 2013, includes digital TV channels "Russia HD", "Sport", "Sport 1", "Russian novel," "Russian bestseller", "Science 2.0," "My Planet", "Fight Club" "Dress", "Russian novel."
At the same time, except for RTR, STV will have several major partners. "With other companies in the process of contract negotiations", - says the head of STV. Thus, the "Delta Television of" franchisor channel Travel + Adventure, the exhibition CSTB 2014 signed a contract with STV about a broadcast television signal via ABS-2. With the new satellite TV channel Travel + Adventure, Russian audience exceeds 14 million viewers will be able to cover 95% of Russian territory until Vladivostok.
Help:
JSC "Satellite TV" (STV) reported at the end of November 2013. The company is owned investment fund "Media Invest." STV provides coding (by a password) signal channel conditional access system Irdeto. Encoding is performed in the technical center "Shabolovka" FSUE "Satellite Communications".

STV moves to ABS-2 satellite
Tuesday 11 March 2014 | 14:11 CET | News
Russian operator Satellite TV (STV) has started test operations for its services using the ABS-2 satellite run by Asia Broadcast Satellite, reports Tdaily.ru. Commercial operation is due to start on 01 April. The signal from the satellite can reach the whole of Russia's territory apart from areas beyond the Polar Circle. The Media Invest fund is the owner of STV, which started its services in 2013. It uses the Irdeto encoding system for transmitting TV signals.

yes, different tps are being tested right now...lets hope its footprints increae a lil. towards us. :'(

Yes, They will chk tps first then they will chk beams after that they will expend beams when all r ok, Website showing 53-43 dbw beam so we donot need to worry.

2egenu8a.jpg

Shubham said:
Yes, They will chk tps first then they will chk beams after that they will expend beams when all r ok, Website showing 53-43 dbw beam so we donot need to worry.

2egenu8a.jpg

bro, click on the russian beam map, then click 'download map' in d right corner.
It ll open a new pdf page, wherein... the footprints are still 45-53dbW, but below... u can see written :46 -51 dbW :eek:hya

I checked on both 6 & 9 feet, but unable to get it, signs are not good guys.

Gssran said:
I checked on both 6 & 9 feet, but unable to get it, signs are not good guys.

I think, the beams are yet to be finalized and tested for other places other than russia.
I keep a keen eye on some russian forums, ppl in russia itself are reporting weak signals as of now...

I guess, we all shud wait and give some time :s

Quoted text from a russian forum:;

It shows, channel strength is not gud as of now, current bitrate being 1.8, old was 2.2.
=====================================
Take any channel for comparison.

Old platform Rainbow signal strength 75 bitrate 2.2m
Zeonbud signal strength 99 bitrate 3.6m
The new platform Rainbow signal strength 82 bitrate 1.8m

Conclusion: there is too early to rejoice. Have to watch what will happen after March 27.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock