Actress Minissha detained at Mumbai airport with Rs 50 lakh jewellery !

Jenitkumar

Reaction score
Mumbai: Bollywood actress Minissha Lamba, who walked the red carpet at Cannes last week, was on Wednesday detained at the international airport here for not declaring gold and diamond jewellery worth over Rs 50 lakh, an official said.

The 26-year-old actor, who landed at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport from Cannes, France, via Dubai by an Emirates flight at 8.30 am, was crossing the green channel when she was intercepted by the Customs officials.

While checking her luggage, she was found to be carrying jewellery worth over Rs 50 lakh in her bag, the official said.

"The actress was carrying gold bangles, necklace, earrings and other gold and diamond jewellery in the bag. We are questioning the actress, who tried to evade customs duty by not declaring the goods," he added.

But the airport episode was not the beginning of her troubles. One of her bags was stolen in Nice, France.

"Disaster has struck. A baggage of mine has been stolen at Nice Airport. I can't believe something like this has happened," she tweeted.

"Even with two CCTV cameras right over the baggage, police or airline still won't confirm if it was 'stolen' or 'misplaced' (sic)," she said.

Lamba, whose debut film 'Yahaan' garnered critical acclaim, has acted in movies like 'Bachna Ae Haseeno', 'Corporate' and 'Well Done Abba'.

She was in France to attend the premiere of Woody Allen's 'Midnight in Paris`. Lamba was also invited for a bash post the screening.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock