Good News Airtel and Star reach an agreement

• Thread starter Thread starter Arsh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 65
  • Views Views: Views 13,310
So now it is safe to assume that the tussle between airtel and star has ended ? And there will be no more drama regarding it ?
Lets wait till 01/04/2018. But @Arsh bro said issue resolved. So may be good news then.

According to Airtel the Channel removal from Basepack is 31st Mar 2018 so mostly the issue is over.

I dont see any scroll in the channels for last few days .Information channels also got removed . To me either the issue is resolved silentlyor both are playing wait and watch game.We have to wait till april first to confirm this. Even if it gets removed , i am not going to buy HD Channels from Star

My concern is English Premier League , which star sports coverage is one of the worst . They have 10 channels , but they broadcast only one live match. The other channels show useless highlights of other sports

I dont see any scroll in the channels for last few days .Information channels also got removed . To me either the issue is resolved silentlyor both are playing wait and watch game.We have to wait till april first to confirm this. Even if it gets removed , i am not going to buy HD Channels from Star

My concern is English Premier League , which star sports coverage is one of the worst . They have 10 channels , but they broadcast only one live match. The other channels show useless highlights of other sports

Must be because they are not making any significant money of it and considering live match feed is not free, they have to pay huge to EPL for those rights

Must be because they are not making any significant money of it and considering live match feed is not free, they have to pay huge to EPL for those rights
Pardon me for the off topic revert this once.
If EPL is broadcast on old star sports channels with greater reach & watch, it will generate more revenue. I don't think marketing and milking it is an issue. STAR has an agenda of promoting its own part owned ISL. ISL makes more money for star from share of gates to everything else. Most of us will watch EPL over ISL any day. Hence this tactic...

That's my take anyway...

Just thankful now that I can watch today's matches...Cheers to every airtel viewer!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom