Airtel Digital TV reaches 8.8 million subscribers

abhishej10

Reaction score
The Indian direct-to-home (DTH) operator Airtel Digital TV has announced its subscriber base reached 8.8 million at the end of December 2013, an increase of 11.6% compared to the corresponding quarter of 2012.

Net customer additions for digital TV during the quarter increased to 235,000 as compared to 120,000 in the previous quarter, primarily driven by festivities during the quarter, said the Bharti Airtel-owned company.

Average revenue per user (ARPU) increased by INR21, to an all-time high of INR207, as compared to INR186 in the quarter ending 31 December 2012.

Revenues from Airtel's DTH satellite TV service rose by 25.8% to INR5,384 million as compared to INR4,280 million in the corresponding quarter of 2012.

Airtel Digital TV is one of six private DTH operators in India, along with Dish TV, Tata Sky, Reliance Digital, Sun Direct and Videocon d2h.

so can we from this report say that videocon d2h is No. 3 in india after dishtv and tatasky. Can anybody share how many subscribers each have, if they have the info.

I think ARPU is still lower than TS, may be ADTV is placed second when ARPU is considered after TS.

As per sources and financial reports of the companies
Dish tv has:11.2 Million Subscribers as on 31st December 2013
Tata Sky has:11 Million Subscribers as on 31st December 2013
Videocon D2h has:10 Million Subscribers as of January 2014
Airtel Digital Tv has :8.8 Million Subscribers as on 31st December 2013
Sun Direct has:9 Million Subscribers as on 31st December 2013
Reliance Digital Tv has:5 Million Subscribers as on 31st December 2013

Thats great, just imagine potential for Sun+Reliance....

I think in the coming days there will be stiff competition between Tata Sky And Videocon D2h if Airtel Digital Tv does not add 8 to 9 HD channels in the coming 2 Months then they will be Completely out From the Top 3 race.

Re: RE: Airtel Digital TV reaches 8.8 million subscribers

abhishej10 said:
As per sources and financial reports of the companies
Dish tv has:11.2 Million Subscribers as on 31st December 2013
Tata Sky has:11 Million Subscribers as on 31st December 2013
Videocon D2h has:10 Million Subscribers as of January 2014
Airtel Digital Tv has :8.8 Million Subscribers as on 31st December 2013
Sun Direct has:9 Million Subscribers as on 31st December 2013
Reliance Digital Tv has:5 Million Subscribers as on 31st December 2013

What source ? I am seeing this figure for dish and TS from couple of years with no change :p

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock