DTH updates Airtel dth deducting balance instantly on ala carte channel activation

Has Airtel also started deducting DBR at the Start of the Day instead of End of the Day? I am observing that suddenly two days worth of DBR has been deducted from my balance. I have not changed any plan in this interim.
Same for me
Could anyone else too confirm on this please? Earlier it was quite confusing as Airtel used to deduct DBR at end of the day - but it would still suspend services at start of the day itself if balance equal to DBR was not available at start of the day.

Now I think they are debiting at start of the day itself when they check if balance is available.

Comments?

Yes, they're deducting balance at the time of activation but giving refund if you unsubscribe it.
To check this, yesterday I activated Star Plus HD on my account

Bav9j4G.jpg

Ss3Gj92.jpg

After adding Star Plus balance got deducted & validity got reduced to 13 April from 15 April.
se2GV6Z.jpg

Then, I removed the topup & today again my validity is back to old one, 15 April

tx6LQlv.jpg

Be a bit cautious, @Choco7905 bro. It is not actually an refund. The Daily rate of Rs 22.42 is so less, that for a one-day activation, the validity will still remain the same (since you may have balance equal to that much amount of DBR for the last date.

For Eg:
Your balance is Rs 101.10 as on 28-Mar-2020 and Validity is mentioned as 15-Apr-2020,
Your DBR is around: Rs 5.60, So you have 18 days validity.
Due to Star Plus HD activation, your balance got reduced to Rs 100.36, i.e. you got charged Rs 0.74. ADTV assumed you will keep this channel throughout, so updated your validity to 13-Apr-2020.
But you removed it and hence, your DBR reduced, so validity is back to 15-Apr-2020. The point is Rs 0.74 is so negligible against your balance, that it does not impact for a day.

Its best to see how much ADTV is deducting each day, thats your DBR. And see if you were charged Rs 0.74 additional on that one day.

Be a bit cautious, @Choco7905 bro. It is not actually an refund. The Daily rate of Rs 22.42 is so less, that for a one-day activation, the validity will still remain the same (since you may have balance equal to that much amount of DBR for the last date.

For Eg:
Your balance is Rs 101.10 as on 28-Mar-2020 and Validity is mentioned as 15-Apr-2020,
Your DBR is around: Rs 5.60, So you have 18 days validity.
Due to Star Plus HD activation, your balance got reduced to Rs 100.36, i.e. you got charged Rs 0.74. ADTV assumed you will keep this channel throughout, so updated your validity to 13-Apr-2020.
But you removed it and hence, your DBR reduced, so validity is back to 15-Apr-2020. The point is Rs 0.74 is so negligible against your balance, that it does not impact for a day.

Its best to see how much ADTV is deducting each day, thats your DBR. And see if you were charged Rs 0.74 additional on that one day.
So at this type of system which time is best to change/modifie pack to reduce money deduction?
-I Think at 12:01 AM

Asking this because ,

Suppose My pack price is Rs. 300 (DBR Rs. 10)
My balance is Rs. 600 and 1st April Day starts and they deduct My DBR velue Rs. 10 from account so my balance is 590,
Then i change my pack to Rs. 600 (DBR Rs. 20) on same day,

So how much money they will deduct at time of changing pack?
Rs. 20 (full amount of new pack) or Rs. 10 (Actuall amount they have to deduct)?

If Rs. 20 deducts so what happens to already deducted Rs. 10, will they adjust it on next day's deductions or refund Rs. 10 at time of current day's end?

Last edited:
Again its back to old style deducting amount at midnight 12 am...

Tried today and succeed
Balance is deducting raju bhai try to add one alacarte channel and drop it balance will deduct
Check your balance first

Balance is deducting raju bhai try to add one alacarte channel and drop it balance will deduct
Check your balance first

For me its just deducting days only not amount

Edited.... Pics having my VC number so removed

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock