Airtel DTH Incorrect Billing & Due date calculation

• Thread starter Thread starter nbalakumar2005
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11
  • Views Views: Views 3,249

Airtel DTH Incorrect Billing - Are you impacted ????

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Hi All,

Has anyone noticed discrepancy in Monthly Rental & Due date calculation. I could see difference in monthly rental as 418.75 but actually based on channel selected my plan is 385.75. I could see both the rental details on Airtel Website & My Airtel App.

Because of this wrong calculation my due is getting reduced by 2-3 days every month. I called customer care to raise complaint but these useless people say the calculation is correct and also not transferring the call to next level.

I have dropped email to Airtel Nodal & Appellate as well. Request every Airtel DTH customer to verify the monthly bill & due date.

Posting here for awareness to let everyone know how Airtel looting money as majority customers dont track the billing and due date.

Thanks,
Balakumar N

Last edited:
Hi All,

Has anyone noticed discrepancy in Monthly Rental & Due date calculation. I could see difference in monthly rental as 418.75 but actually based on channel selected my plan is 385.75. I could see both the rental details on Airtel Website & My Airtel App.

Because of this wrong calculation my due is getting reduced by 2-3 days every month. I called customer care to raise complaint but these useless people say the calculation is correct and also not transferring the call to next level.

I have dropped email to Airtel Nodal & Appellate as well. Request every Airtel DTH customer to verify the monthly bill & due date.

Posting here for awareness to let everyone know how Airtel looting money as majority customers dont track the billing and due date.

Thanks,
Balakumar N
how many channels you selected and how many channels in your package(total number).
sometimes airtel adding airtel bundle free of cost but NCF charging..check that one.

Hi All,

Thanks,
Balakumar N

Check whether you have recording topup 385.75 + 33 Rs for recording topup = 418.75 Rs

credits to @Gobinaath bro. He pointed this out

Last edited:
There can't be any calculation mistake as it's not done manually. There must be a topup active on your account & you are unaware of it.
I'll suggest you to download old version of airtel app & check the activated topups.

I had selected 107 channels in my pack and suddenly the channel count has gone up to 160. Airtel had added all unwanted channels for me my NCF was ₹199. Later, when I tried to remove 2 channels from my pack the NCF has gone up to ₹245.
After a long struggle with customer care, I made them to remove all unwanted channels and made my pack to 112 channels.
Surprisingly, from yesterday my channel count has gone again to 170 now & NCF is ₹199. But if I now try to add/remove even a single channel NCF gets calculated for the channels given by Airtel as free bundle.
This is very bad, if we not observe this the DBR will be high and we end up paying more for channels we have not selected at all.
Airtel's selfcare app/website are full of bugs and crappy, the channels in my pack shows different everytime I see it.

eve
I had selected 107 channels in my pack and suddenly the channel count has gone up to 160. Airtel had added all unwanted channels for me my NCF was ₹199. Later, when I tried to remove 2 channels from my pack the NCF has gone up to ₹245.
After a long struggle with customer care, I made them to remove all unwanted channels and made my pack to 112 channels.
Surprisingly, from yesterday my channel count has gone again to 170 now & NCF is ₹199. But if I now try to add/remove even a single channel NCF gets calculated for the channels given by Airtel as free bundle.
This is very bad, if we not observe this the DBR will be high and we end up paying more for channels we have not selected at all.
Airtel's selfcare app/website are full of bugs and crappy, the channels in my pack shows different everytime I see it.
Whenever you want to add or remove channel you have to start from beginning. if you try to edit this what will happen. this is something which airtel should be working on right now.

how many channels you selected and how many channels in your package(total number).
sometimes airtel adding airtel bundle free of cost but NCF charging..check that one.
I counted the channel price individually it sums up and comes 375.75 only

Yup ... Agreed Airtel selfcare app & website has lots of bugs... despite waiting for 2 days post adding new channels to my packs still i was unable to view channel even after Heavy Refresh

There can't be any calculation mistake as it's not done manually. There must be a topup active on your account & you are unaware of it.
I'll suggest you to download old version of airtel app & check the activated topups.

It happened to me, even after removing channels from current pack the monthly bill plan was same. I had to called customer card and they admitted technical issue in reflecting the new bill plan

Back
Top Bottom