Arasu cable tv got digital licence

• Thread starter Paul
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 28
  • Views: Views 4,070
Good news ... Dth looting ends here...

Thanks to the central government..

TN government is the first to get digital license...

what is the further step.. Is TN govt will give free STBs?
Why central govt delayed for this license nearly 7 to 8 years.

sathishbabu4u said:
what is the further step.. Is TN govt will give free STBs?

I think free stbs is in the list of current government election manifest not sure

Last edited by a moderator:
I think due to government procedures, it might take considerable time to implement the same for the whole state

like procurement of set top boxes through tender and distribution etc.

After a wait of more than five years, Tamil Nadu government-owned Arasu Cable TV Corporation has received provisional licence from the Ministry of Information and broadcasting (MIB) to operate as an MSO in digital addressable system (DAS) regime.

“Arasu has been granted provisional registration,” a source in MIB said.

Read more at: MIB grants provisional licence to Arasu | TelevisionPost.com | TelevisionPost.com

praveenpersonel said:
Now all state governments will apply for cable digital license in india :D :D :sp :sp :eek:hya :eek:hya

Nopes. Of all the govt based MSO that tried to get license, only Arasu was started long back even before DAS was planned and also successfully obtained CAS license so mostly Arasu would be an exception and other govt wont be allowed to start an MSO. :k

amarnathkvk said:
If that happens Dth operators will lose huge subscribers I guess

Yes, if this becomes a reality and Arasu offers free STB then most Chennai would move to Arasu.

Yet DTH can easily overcome this and recover atleast half of its subscribers by offering huge discounts for TN subscribers on annual packs :sp . No matter what pricing Arasu offers, LCO's will definitely over price :p which might match DTH :lol .

Last edited by a moderator:
swcptb said:
I think due to government procedures, it might take considerable time to implement the same for the whole state

like procurement of set top boxes through tender and distribution etc.

Mostly they might start with Chennai where they don't exist and then move on to other cities and then to the whole state in TN.

If they really want to serve Chennai then it wont take much time start in Chennai. First they have to go analogue, then slowly distribute free SD STB (hope the quality is ok) and Premium HD STB and within 3 or 6 months they can easily cover atleast 75% Chennai under DAS.

amarnathkvk said:
I think free stbs is in the list of current government election manifest not sure

Free STB was a promise in the previous state election so they might have to keep up.

One question friends after Arasu cable gives stb is any chance they will increase channel count similar to Hathaway?

bd8f250941cf2a1ab0109921723f518c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock