Are Indian GEC's fooling Indian viewers???

• Thread starter Thread starter amty
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 20
  • Views Views: Views 1,894
No mention of colors. It has a lot of Hindi shows and I feel it's worth the money. No wonder my parents don't watch star plus and Sony anymore. I'm planning to switch their connection soon to either airtel or sun fta system but the watcho ott deal from d2h and low pack cost is pretty good to stay with d2h for now.

There’s a fundamental difference between Hindi and regional GECs. Hindi GECs (except Sony) dedicate almost 100% of their time only to serials. There are hardly any reality shows.

Since COVID, they almost never show movie premieres, with a few exceptions. This is also applicable for many non-South regional GECs like Star Jalsha and Star Pravah, where movie premieres were frequent earlier but are now negligible — even though reality shows are prevalent on those channels.

In contrast, South GECs place a best emphasis on movies.

But the problem with reality shows us that there is too much emotional drama and along with that they strech it too much earlier reality shows ends in 13th week while now they go on and on with 6 to 7 contestants in finals

But the problem with reality shows us that there is too much emotional drama and along with that they strech it too much earlier reality shows ends in 13th week while now they go on and on with 6 to 7 contestants in finals
true bro... Sony started this with one of season of Indian Idol which had gone on for i think more then 6 months.... before reality shows were so better like from 2nd week contestant's would start getting eliminated and show gets over in 3months

I think Bengali GECs are doing much better work. They have limited number of shows which are short in length which they end within months. Unlike other industries they have good scripts adored by pan India audience. They are so many shows which they have inspired for other industries. How many shows are remade from South for pan Indian channels? Even non popular channels does good with dubbed content and reruns

true bro... Sony started this with one of season of Indian Idol which had gone on for i think more then 6 months.... before reality shows were so better like from 2nd week contestant's would start getting eliminated and show gets over in 3months
Yup I think this was the season during covid
Same thing happened with kbc earlier i used to enjoy it when it airs on star but after shifting on sony its quality degrades big time too much of emotional drama and pre planned video and length of episodes are more than 1.30 hrs

Yup I think this was the season during covid
Same thing happened with kbc earlier i used to enjoy it when it airs on star but after shifting on sony its quality degrades big time too much of emotional drama and pre planned video and length of episodes are more than 1.30 hrs
agree with you bhai..... showing all emotional stories of contestant across reality shows.... studying under lights or no money and coming and wining KBC dance shows show that parents not allowing kids to dance and where 80% young generation are on social media and putting up videos... singing shows are also similar story and have noticed its all on Sony

Back
Top Bottom