Discussion Audio issues on XStream Smart box [SOLVED]

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 435
  • Views: Views 117,554
Hi all,
This has been a peculiar problem to my knowledge that is asociated with the Xstream box.
I have 2 xstream boxes at two different locations.
For Xstream (A) Netflix is working fine with 5.1 surround sound.My configuration is Xstream box connected to Samsung Full Hd Tv via hdmi(audio n video) and optical output of xstream box is connected to optical input of my Sony Home Theatre.
Things are working fine with Netflix in 5.1 sound.Needless to say amazon prime video still outputs in stereo only.
The other Xstream (B) box is connected to a Videocon Full Hd Tv via Hdmi(audio and video) and the optical output of Xstream Box is connected to the optical input of a Philips 5.1 home theatre.To my surprise the Netflix app doesnot even show the 5.1 option in the audio and subtitle option in this box.
I have updated the softwares,checked connections,checked with another demo box by the engineer but still in this xstream connection (B) no option of 5.1 is getting displayed under audio and subtitle.I have checked same film or series title of netflix in connection (A) and also in connection (B) where 5.1 option is getting displayed n the former but not the latter.
All types of troubleshooting has been done,hdmi cables changed,cache cleared and reinstalled but of no use.
Any help...please??

Hi all,
This has been a peculiar problem to my knowledge that is asociated with the Xstream box.
I have 2 xstream boxes at two different locations.
For Xstream (A) Netflix is working fine with 5.1 surround sound.My configuration is Xstream box connected to Samsung Full Hd Tv via hdmi(audio n video) and optical output of xstream box is connected to optical input of my Sony Home Theatre.
Things are working fine with Netflix in 5.1 sound.Needless to say amazon prime video still outputs in stereo only.
The other Xstream (B) box is connected to a Videocon Full Hd Tv via Hdmi(audio and video) and the optical output of Xstream Box is connected to the optical input of a Philips 5.1 home theatre.To my surprise the Netflix app doesnot even show the 5.1 option in the audio and subtitle option in this box.
I have updated the softwares,checked connections,checked with another demo box by the engineer but still in this xstream connection (B) no option of 5.1 is getting displayed under audio and subtitle.I have checked same film or series title of netflix in connection (A) and also in connection (B) where 5.1 option is getting displayed n the former but not the latter.
All types of troubleshooting has been done,hdmi cables changed,cache cleared and reinstalled but of no use.
Any help...please??
What are the Audio settings under Device settings? Auto or Manual?

Final update on the first issue. This box is designed this way. It detects highest available audio type on the connected device and shows only that regardless of the input.
If the home theater supports Dolby Digital Plus, it shows that, if the home theater supports Dolby Digital, it shows Dolby Digital. That's why both Dolby and non Dolby content is shown as Dolby only. But the box doesn't tinker with the original audio. It just sends it as is. Airtel escalated this to the manufacturer and manufacturer responded saying that's how they designed it and it's the expected behavior. This will not be addressed as they don't consider it as an issue.

I'm still following up on Amazon prime issue.
Hiee bro
I'm facing the same issue with Amazon prime and Netflix bro in XSTREAM BOX which I upgraded today and the first thing I noticed is this .Before in Airtel internet box there are no issues like these.. Netflix and Amazon worked fine with 5.1 sound . I use Sony iv 300 HT but I'm not getting 5.1 output from Amazon prime . If u find any solution to this please inform me bro

By reading this article for a long time so we have to wait till the new software update or new stb before buying xstream box

Hiee bro
I'm facing the same issue with Amazon prime and Netflix bro in XSTREAM BOX which I upgraded today and the first thing I noticed is this .Before in Airtel internet box there are no issues like these.. Netflix and Amazon worked fine with 5.1 sound . I use Sony iv 300 HT but I'm not getting 5.1 output from Amazon prime . If u find any solution to this please inform me bro
As of now, there's no solution. I'm still following up with Amazon. You shouldn't have upgraded from Internet TV.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock