• Thread starter Thread starter pratz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 17
  • Views Views: Views 10,943

pratz

Reaction score
HI , guys.
I am new to the forum.
So happy to see all the details posted from time to time .

I am a user of videocon d2h 3d HD for last three years.

Recently updated my box from d2h 3d HD 2011 model to DVR-1000GB one.

But i am facing two problems

1st Problem is -
I wanted 5.1 Dolby sound from my STB to my Home-theater (Sony-BDVE4100). I connected my STB to Home theater with optical digital cable
though i am getting dolby sound from STB but there is Audio delay of 1-2 secs between video and audio.
And this problem is with ZeeStudio Movie HD channnel . Also with SonySIx HD channel.

Same problem continues even if i connect STb to my LED-TV with HDMI cable . Sound on TV speakers is also delayed .

Also note even if i change sound mode from Dolby to stereo default it continues . I also tried changing settings of DVR box with audio from stereo to home cinema - back and forth but no help.

2nd Problem---

WHenever i switch channels there is glitch sound in channels . Also sound goes mute for 1-2 secs. Then comes back with that click/glitch sound.
Sound is like photo/shutter click sound in camera.

Guys i am stuck with this problem . Plz help

Videocon customer care and local Engr is unable to help.

Help badly needed.

My setup is a little different. I have a STB 2222 attached to my ONKYO AVR.
In my case the video is ahead of the audio. Are you having the same issue?

I installed D2h 3-4 days ago and the local engg came and acknowledged the problem, but didnt give any resolution. He swapped the 555 box with a 2222 model, but the problem persists.

It is OK in most of the channels, but Zee studio HD and Life OK HD have the most lag. The lag is only there if Dolby is active on the channel. If stereo is selected, then no issues.

Hoping some one would have had this problem and resolved it.

snike said:
My setup is a little different. I have a STB 2222 attached to my ONKYO AVR.
In my case the video is ahead of the audio. Are you having the same issue?

I installed D2h 3-4 days ago and the local engg came and acknowledged the problem, but didnt give any resolution. He swapped the 555 box with a 2222 model, but the problem persists.

It is OK in most of the channels, but Zee studio HD and Life OK HD have the most lag. The lag is only there if Dolby is active on the channel. If stereo is selected, then no issues.

Hoping some one would have had this problem and resolved it.

Thanks a ton mate .

But the problem persists in stereo mode also with my setup.
I am using a belkin Audio optical cable.

LIke I said even lag persists in TV speakers also where sound is carried by VIDEOCON HDMI supplied cable.

Didn't have this proble with 2011 Box though. Has got something to do with this DVR box i think.

And do you also get that glitch sound when switching channels????

If you have the video lagging behind the audio, check the A/V sync settings on your home theater. You can add a delay to the audio so that the video and audio match.

Surfing thru the various A/V forums. I can see that little things like quality of the cables makes a big difference. You can try other cables to see if it fixes it.

While changing channels the audio does go out after the new channel has started. But after that it is fine.

I now watch Zee Studio and Life Ok in stereo. I have made peace with the delay.

snike said:
If you have the video lagging behind the audio, check the A/V sync settings on your home theater. You can add a delay to the audio so that the video and audio match.

Surfing thru the various A/V forums. I can see that little things like quality of the cables makes a big difference. You can try other cables to see if it fixes it.

While changing channels the audio does go out after the new channel has started. But after that it is fine.

I now watch Zee Studio and Life Ok in stereo. I have made peace with the delay.

Will try it, bro

how have you connected STB to your Home-theater .
With digital co-axial or digital optical .

Just to confirm i tried both videocon HDMI & Belkin HDMI cable for TV sound
I also tried Banbridgre Optical & Belkin optical sound cable .

its STB to AVR to TV thru HDMI for video and STB to AVR thru digital co-ax for audio.
Interestingly this setup reduces the lag to minimum, but does not completely go away.

pratz said:
HI , guys.
I am new to the forum.
So happy to see all the details posted from time to time .

I am a user of videocon d2h 3d HD for last three years.

Recently updated my box from d2h 3d HD 2011 model to DVR-1000GB one.

But i am facing two problems

1st Problem is -
I wanted 5.1 Dolby sound from my STB to my Home-theater (Sony-BDVE4100). I connected my STB to Home theater with optical digital cable
though i am getting dolby sound from STB but there is Audio delay of 1-2 secs between video and audio.
And this problem is with ZeeStudio Movie HD channnel . Also with SonySIx HD channel.

Same problem continues even if i connect STb to my LED-TV with HDMI cable . Sound on TV speakers is also delayed .

Also note even if i change sound mode from Dolby to stereo default it continues . I also tried changing settings of DVR box with audio from stereo to home cinema - back and forth but no help.

2nd Problem---

WHenever i switch channels there is glitch sound in channels . Also sound goes mute for 1-2 secs. Then comes back with that click/glitch sound.
Sound is like photo/shutter click sound in camera.

Guys i am stuck with this problem . Plz help

Videocon customer care and local Engr is unable to help.

Help badly needed.

Looks like a hardware/software STB problem.

Brother,

Complaint about this to d2h untill solved.&show the problem clearly to technician coming to ur house.

I am using 2222 model with philips htb5510 model and connected with STB hdmi to HT hdmi and HT hdmi out to TV in. I getting AV sync problem in Zee studio HD, Sun Music HD, Sun TV Hd. In my case audio is delayed. When i switched to stereo , no problem in audio. DD 5.1 only makes problem . But DD audio sync is exactly matched with all other HD channels . I tried with Coaxial Cable also, The same problem persists... :huh:'(

rasul.dhawooth said:
I am using 2222 model with philips htb5510 model and connected with STB hdmi to HT hdmi and HT hdmi out to TV in. I getting AV sync problem in Zee studio HD, Sun Music HD, Sun TV Hd. In my case audio is delayed. When i switched to stereo , no problem in audio. DD 5.1 only makes problem . But DD audio sync is exactly matched with all other HD channels . I tried with Coaxial Cable also, The same problem persists... :huh:'(

Thanks Mate. For me too the audio is delayed. I thought I was going crazy. The co-axial cable reduces it a bit but still gives problems.

Can you try Life OK HD in Dolby and see if the issue is there for that channel too?

Back
Top Bottom