Breaking B4U Music, B4U Kadak & B4U Movies Removed by ADTV

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dino29 bro. See they are being greedy here. They are ruling the ratings charts every week which will give them high advertising revenue. Plus they come on complimentary basis on DD Free Dish, Sun Direct, Tata Sky and most cable as people with limited knowledge just goes for all FTA channels assuming it's free. Then also they aren't willing to match Airtel's asking amount .

Ad rates of FTA channels r very less compared to what is offered to pay channels. Also there is huge difference in what is given to English and Hindi Channels. So ur assumption is incorrect that they r gaining huge money from ads, had that been true then what would have stopped them from buying rights of big ticket films or premieres.

Right now B4U is managing well, it is using revenue to bring in best it can. Another thing to note is that as far as i have heard agencies responsible for ad sales do not shell out money for buying slots on FTA channels, a pay channel like Sony Mix despite having limited TRP but thanks to healthy urban presence will attract higher price for ad slots.

As i said that just relying on information published can lead to wrong interpretation unless we delve deeper into things :)

Ad rates of FTA channels r very less compared to what is offered to pay channels. Also there is huge difference in what is given to English and Hindi Channels. So ur assumption is incorrect that they r gaining huge money from ads, had that been true then what would have stopped them from buying rights of big ticket films or premieres.
Greed. They have money to start 10 useless channels. But won't invest properly in content for one channel. Look at Dangal. They have benefited since the removal of channels of elite broadcasters from DD Free Dish. They have started to invest in original content. How are they doing it with limited ad revenue?

FTA complimentary is bad for pay television industry. Can't believe dth from broadcasters Sun Direct and Tata Sky are offering complimentary service. To be competitive offer discounts on NCF and pay channels. Don't bundle useless garbage which will be bad in long run.

They have their own audience share, not all can afford paying for prime channels. FTA channels can never eat into viewership of pay channels, but yes there r people like me who watch both. Pay channels are not improving upon content or connecting with audience to know their likings. Also OTT and cheap internet is driving audience away which is again result of changing or advancement of technology.

Take case of hindi movies, english movies or shows, music or even infotainment or news... All these r available for free these days alingwith almost free internet which is bound to reduce TV audience for channels operating in these genres. Only older generation or those still not having access to OTT r continuing TV viewing.

Lastly even in US , UK etc. FTA channels remain highly popular that too in DTT broadcast.

Totally disagree. U r expecting FTA channels to be on par with pay channels interms of content which is not possible. B4U is doing fine job serving the basic viewer and they r increasing movie library. B4U Kadak has been airing many good bollywood movies from zee network which are not aired quite often and B4U Movies is airing repeat content but surely will be refreshed soon.

Complimentary packs should not be stopped, if this happens FTA channels will not pay desired carriage fee to operators bcoz of no assurance of reach hence operators will face low revenue thus affecting quality of services offered to us.

As i say we need to have holistic view of things rather than just thinking about one's own preference or needs
They have their own audience share, not all can afford paying for prime channels. FTA channels can never eat into viewership of pay channels, but yes there r people like me who watch both. Pay channels are not improving upon content or connecting with audience to know their likings. Also OTT and cheap internet is driving audience away which is again result of changing or advancement of technology.

Take case of hindi movies, english movies or shows, music or even infotainment or news... All these r available for free these days alingwith almost free internet which is bound to reduce TV audience for channels operating in these genres. Only older generation or those still not having access to OTT r continuing TV viewing.

Lastly even in US , UK etc. FTA channels remain highly popular that too in DTT broadcast.
Showing dubbed South movies is the modus operandi of most Hindi movie channels, whether pay (Zee Cinema, Sony Max, Star Gold), free (B4U Movies, B4U Kadak, Enterr10) or ex-free (Sony Wah, Star Utsav Movies). This is the biggest rating-puller and you can expect two-thirds of the programming on these channels (at least the DDFD ones) to be of this kind.

Last edited:

Very limited audience till now moved from TV to Internet. I can see even new generation users enjoying Big Boss and KBC more on tv than OTT. TV is TV, OTT is OTT.

Coming to FTA channels of US, UK. Here they get high share of audience. Yet, they still make or acquire crappy content. These even allows bollywood to make sh#tty low budget B grade movies knowing some stupid FTA broadcaster will acquire it in future despite being a box office bomb. Forget about comparing Doordarshan to BBC. I won't even compare them with Bravo.

jlsZ6D7.png

BAIPDwN.png

is0FFmc.png

This all Screen Shot taken from KEVIN LED...

Last edited:
Ohoo😔:cf2::verysad2:
What a very bad thing happened . :sad:

All of the B4U channels are Very good. :ok2:
So I hope Airtel will readd the channels soon. :smile2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock