BARC Ratings | Week 40

How Colors surpassed Star Plus(Urban) this week?
Zee Keralam reached #4 pushing Surya TV to #5. Tough competitionšŸ¤œšŸ¤›
I got the list of Top 10 Tamil channels of this week from another source. Surprisingly Colors Tamil is not in that listšŸ˜®
Wow it was expected but not so soon.
Was expecting Zee to be at 5 for couple of weeks before pushing Surya to 5.
Good news for Zee as its a normal week without any special Movie or premier still ithas pushed a 20yr old channel to 5 and taken number 4 position.

Zee Keralam is increasingly turning out to be a huge success story. And yet this is what members said when it launched:

Zee has invested very less in Zee Keralam shows. This clearly indicates their strategy is in distribution of their existing library and assets and not in expanding content creation. They sold their sports business and used it to but another DTH company. Now they want to sell their existing digital library to NRIs with foreign collaborator. Zee's hindi channels are too good in comparison to Zee Keralam and shows like Kumkum Bagya and Babiji Ghar Par Hai have high investment. But this quality does not reflect in Zee Keralam shows.
Strictly Average.Only 'Alliyambal' and 'Chemparathy' is getting any positive response and they are adaptions of successful serials from other language.So there is nothing new in it.Other serials (true scripted in Malayalam I think) -aduthabellodu koodi, kuttikurumban are old wines and are failed to entertain.'Comedy Bazar'-More than 5 shows are there similar happened and many shows still running and same faces(comedy artists) no innovative things. DKD yet to come. Dubbing 'Yaradee nee mohini' and placed it in prime time became a bad move since dubbing tamil serials won't work here and no one had done it before,especially while they are in the beginning stage should think about original content in prime time.Else they can go for remake. Movie library also not good. My review is based on the first week and I won't call the channel worst, let them give some more time and they will not sit in a corner because its 'Zee'.
Very very very average entertainment channel , expected lot from zee keralam
In my opinion, programmes are not up to the mark except 2 dramas Alliyambal and chembarathi....It seems they can't beat flowers, asianet and mazhavil manorama...
Channel needs to get its act together. Nothing great to boast about only 2 decent programme, one mythological dubbed, 1 kids based , 2 comedy types - poor standard, and one semi horror again dubbed. Dance Keralam Dance & 2 fictions cant pull the channel especially in a competitive market like kerala
Very disappointing.showing tamil and hindi movies on weekends. Weekdays are horrible with serials and outdated comedy pgms. Cant beleive that this is from ZEE. need lot of improvements in all area
Worst channel.. feels like watching local channel.
A below average channel malayalees expected more on Zee keralam but they now not prove it every time showing only seriels only Sunday telecast 2 movie one hindi or tamil and a flopped Malayalam movie

Last edited:
Zee Keralam is increasingly turning out to be a huge success story. And yet this is what members said when it launched:
Bro, read my last sentence in the post you quoted.Thats happened here. My review was based on the first week. Except mega serials, now there is no shows left during the launch time. They ended up all non fictions that time and some other programs, introduced new ones including Sa Re Ma Ma Pa. That gave them yield.

Last edited:
Bro, read my sentence in the post you quoted.Thats happened here. My review was based on the first week. Except mega serials, now there is no shows left during the launch time. They ended up all non fictions that time and some other programs, introduced new one's including Sa Re Ma Ma Pa. That gave them yield.
Happy to see that your prediction is coming true. :smile2:
My review is based on the first week and I won't call the channel worst, let them give some more time and they will not sit in a corner because its 'Zee'.

Weekly Relative Share: Source: BARC, HSM, TG:NCCS 15+,TB:0600Hrs to 2400Hrs, Wk 40
Aaj Tak 13.8 dn 0.9
News18 India 13.1 up 1.0
India TV 12.6 up 0.4
Zee News 11.8 dn 1.3
ABP News 11.4 dn 0.2
Republic Bharat 9.3 dn 1.3
News Nation 6.7 up 0.4
News 24 5.6 up 0.4
TV9 Bharatvarsh 5.4 up 0.7
Tez 4.3 up 0.5
India News 3.7 up 0.3
NDTV India 2.3 same

TG: NCCS AB Male 22+
Aaj Tak 14.0 dn 0.5
India TV 12.8 up 0.4
Zee News 12.7 dn 1.6
News18 India 12.2 up 0.4
ABP News 10.8 dn 0.2
Republic Bharat 9.0 dn 1.3
News Nation 6.5 up 0.4
TV9 Bharatvarsh 6.2 up 0.8
News 24 5.8 up 0.8
Tez 3.6 up 0.4
India News 3.5 up 0.3
NDTV India 2.9 up 0.1

Urban

Zee TVā€™s KUNDALI BHAGYA 7438

Zee TVā€™s KUMKUM BHAGYA 6796

STAR Plusā€™ YEH RISHTA KYA KEHLATA HAI 6635

Sony Entertainment Televisionā€™s KAUN BANEGA CROREPATI 6381

Sony Entertainment Televisionā€™s SUPERSTAR SINGER SINGING KA KAL 6282

Colorsā€™ CHOTI SARDARNI 6279

SONY SABā€™s TAARAK MEHTA KA OOLTAH CHASHMA 6139

Colorsā€™ DANCE DEEWANE 2 6039

Sony Entertainment Televisionā€™s THE KAPIL SHARMA SHOW 5932

Zee TVā€™s TUJHSE HAI RAABTA 5104

STAR Plusā€™ DIVYA DRISHTI 4941

STAR Plusā€™ YEH RISHTEY HAIN PYAAR KE 4926

Colorsā€™ BIGG BOSS 4859

Colorsā€™ SHAKTI-ASTITVA KE EHSAAS KI 4799

Zee TVā€™s GUDDAN TUMSE NAA HO PAYEGA 4704

STAR Bharatā€™s JAG JAANANI MAA VAISHNODEVI 4542

STAR Plusā€™ KASAUTI ZINDAGI KAY 4133

STAR Plusā€™ KAHAAN HUM KAHAAN TUM 4126

STAR Plusā€™ NAZAR 3811

STAR Plusā€™ NACH BALIYE 9 3657

Rural

Dangalā€™s BANDINI 9227

Dangalā€™s DWARKADHEESH BHAGWAN SRI KRISHNA 8177

Dangalā€™s REHNA HAI TERI PALKON KI CHHAON MEIN 7887

Dangalā€™s MAHIMA SHANIDEV KI 7397

Zee TVā€™s KUMKUM BHAGYA 6030

Zee TVā€™s KUNDALI BHAGYA 6013

Dangalā€™s BABA AISO VAR DHUNDO 5870

Dangalā€™s PHIR LAUT AAYI NAAGIN 5866

Dangalā€™s CIF 4806

Zee TVā€™s TUJHSE HAI RAABTA 4541

Zee TVā€™s GUDDAN TUMSE NAA HO PAYEGA 3997

STAR Plusā€™ DIVYA DRISHTI 3950

Big Magicā€™s JAI JAI JAI BAJRANG BALI 3855

Big Magicā€™s PARMAVTAR SHREE KRISHNA 3751

Colorsā€™ CHOTI SARDARNI 3399

Dangalā€™s CRIME ALERT 3394

Sony Entertainment Televisionā€™s SUPERSTAR SINGER SINGING KA KAL 3127

STAR Plusā€™ YEH RISHTA KYA KEHLATA HAI 3066

Big Magicā€™s JHANSI KI RANI 2942

Colorsā€™s SHAKTI-ASTITVA KE EHSAAS KI 2606

Last edited:
That's because Zee is quick in responding to market feedback atleast in Kerala market.
Its not even a year and they shut few of its series and started new ones.
When it launched it wasn't good but now its doing all right things

That's because Zee is quick in responding to market feedback atleast in Kerala market.
Its not even a year and they shut few of its series and started new ones.
When it launched it wasn't good but now its doing all right things

Only 5 out of 10 launching programme remaining now.week days prime time fulfilled with fiction content.Weekends movies and saregamapa.But they didn't have good movie library.Their all prime time fiction except Alliyambal(Which is on Asianet vanambadi slot) gaining above 1 point.Chembarathi gaining above 2 point.The dubbed version of kumkum navya gaining above 1 point in 6pm slot.They must bagg some good movies they can grow further very well.
But my questions is Zee is not buying movies in southern region .Why?

20191016-180238.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock