Discussion BARC TRP Ratings | Week 45 - 2019

A friendly reminder to everyone here. Please do not force the members on what they can or cannot discuss. Your job, if you find off topic posts, is to report such posts. The team will make decisions as to what to do with such posts, if they too feel the same way you do. I know the issue was settled, still note this point.

All serials of Zee Keralam has double the rating of Surya. And nearing to Mazhavil and Flowers. Sa Re Ga Ma Pa is also delivering decent ratings. But their movie library is pathetic. It can be understood if the movies are not superhits. But most of their movies are tragedies and people even not heard the name of many movies. This year Asianet is sweeping all the blockbusters and premiering every weekend (neck to neck with Amazon Prime). Surya also buying many movies. And others are not left with any piece. Mazhavil is managing buy dubbed movies. Flowers had some popular shows- but now their ratings are falling. Zee should seriously consider buying movies.
The picture quality of Zee Keralam in SUN DTH is very poor.
Don't feel like watching the channel because of that.

Its like in a battle of david and goliath..... David is standing firm !! :welcome:

In between, all big budget, pomp n show channels... star plus, zee tv etc... its a comedy/leisurely channel SAB TV who is winning d race..

Just goes to show, ppl are fed up wid their normal lives, and want some peace in minds... rather than silly fights. conspiracy type shows running on these so called big budgeted chnls... :nj:

Kudos to SAB TV !! Airtel has placed this channel in d last of he lot, LCN 127..... I think someone shud slap them for placing d no.1 channel last in d line !! They shud fit it in bw Star plus and Zee Tv, or may be push down Star Plus to make way for SAB tv. :lol:
Nice to see an insightful post from you after such a long time, Shawl bro. Sony Sab and Sony TV are going from strength to strength with their innovative and refreshing programming.

Sony Sab is finally proving that it is much more than TMKOC. The success of Tenali Rama, Jijaji and Bhakarwadi along with superhero shows (Aladdin and Baalveer Returns) has established the channel in a way that nobody has been able to do before. That too without any weekend or non-fiction programming.

I find Star Plus to be particularly obnoxious these days. Look at the name of its recent serial: Yeh Jaadu Hai Jinn Ka. Slowly it is going the way of Colors, not ratings-wise but show-wise. I do not know whether Sanjeevani and Kahan Tum Kahan Hum will be able to succeed. Similarly it has been a long time since Zee TV introduced a sensible serial. As for Colors, it is as trashy as it has always been.

Airtel was also the last to add Sony Sab HD, barring of course Sun Direct which has not added it. This shows how little Airtel pays respect for Sony Sab.

Last edited:
Nice to see an insightful post from you after such a long time, Shawl bro. Sony Sab and Sony TV are going from strength to strength with their innovative and refreshing programming.

Sony Sab is finally proving that it is much more than TMKOC. The success of Tenali Rama, Jijaji and Bhakarwadi along with superhero shows (Aladdin and Baalveer Returns) has established the channel in a way that nobody has been able to do before. That too without any weekend or non-fiction programming.

I find Star Plus to be particularly obnoxious these days. Look at the name of its recent serial: Yeh Jaadu Hai Jinn Ka. Slowly it is going the way of Colors, not ratings-wise but show-wise. I do not know whether Sanjeevani and Kahan Tum Kahan Hum will be able to succeed. Similarly it has been a long time since Zee TV introduced a sensible serial. As for Colors, it is as trashy as it has always been.

Airtel was also the last to add Sony Sab HD, barring of course Sun Direct which has not added it. This shows how little Airtel pays respect for Sony Sab.
Still, without TMKOC sab is nothing because TMKOC also plays an important role in promoting other Sab TV shows !!

Just looks at the TMKOC ratings since last few weeks it's between no 1 and no 2 !!!

:gang:
Still, without TMKOC sab is nothing because TMKOC also plays an important role in promoting other Sab TV shows !!

Just looks at the TMKOC ratings since last few weeks it's between no 1 and no 2 !!!

.. and that's after 10 yrs of running....
just shows.... d might of one man, Jethalal Gada who single handedly has brought down star plus, zee, colors etc to their knees :gang:

just shows.... d might of one man, Jethalal Gada who single handedly has brought down star plus, zee, colors etc to their knees :gang:
:no2: :no2: Not Jethalal. Asit Kumarr Modi.

Yup Jethala has an Important role in the show. But this show has a speciality that each character has such a role that they can make a story on it weather it is Abdul, Bagha or Magan etc...

Yup Jethala has an Important role in the show. But this show has a speciality that each character has such a role that they can make a story on it weather it is Abdul, Bagha or Magan etc...

Bhagha is fine.. but Magan :lol: ( I think he s truck driver for Jetha )

Bhagha is fine.. but Magan :lol: ( I think he s truck driver for Jetha )
Magan is a godown assistant who very rarely comes on the show. In Gada Electronics, the attention has always been on Natwarlal Prabhashankar Undhaiwala and Bagheshwar Dadu Undhaiwala.
I am sure they will make a story on him too.. :biggrin::em::lol::lol:

Some families (Gada, Mehta, Bhide, Babita, the Popatlal shaadi tracks) get much more attention than others (Hathi, Sodhi, Abdul). Only in June there was a track (milk thief) that put some focus on Abdul.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock