BARC TRP | WEEK 32

We can trust this source as they are giving it from a long time and others sources also sounds same(Atleast the order of positions are believable). Zee isn't became consistent in that place and is randomly placing in 6,7 or 8th position. Anyway unlike Colors Tamil(entered Top 5 quickly and fallen) Zee is slowly building up their ratings. Thus it will be strong and they will not fall down suddenly.
Colors Tamil got benefit only due to Naagin 2 as the show was already popular due to Sun TV. Once that ended it fallen down.

Coming to Zee keralam. Zee really took good efforts for channel launch cause even at launch they launched programs from 6.30 pm( quite early for newly launched channels).
Even after initial failure they continued to invest good in channel. They invested more on good serials (if I am not wrong maybe with already popular actors) and not to mention SRGMP.

If they continue to invest good in fiction and nonfiction along with investment in popular movies, they'll surely have success.

Coming to Zee keralam. Zee really took good efforts for channel launch cause even at launch they launched programs from 6.30 pm( quite early for newly launched channels).
Even after initial failure they continued to invest good in channel. They invested more on good serials (if I am not wrong maybe with already popular actors) and not to mention SRGMP.

If they continue to invest good in fiction and nonfiction along with investment in popular movies, they'll surely have success.
Partially true for Sony Marathi. Sony has done a lot of investment on its first regional channel even though the ratings do not show. Unfortunately Sun has done barely anything about Sun Bangla's programming (no non-fiction or movies) and has let it sink completely.

Partially true for Sony Marathi. Sony has done a lot of investment on its first regional channel even though the ratings do not show. Unfortunately Sun has done barely anything about Sun Bangla's programming (no non-fiction or movies) and has let it sink completely.
Yeah Marathi and Malayalam market aren't much different. Both Asianet and Zee Marathi are having same kind of ratings and monopoly.

Though Zee Marathi has giving really low quality programs. At one point Zee Marathi used to have really quality programs. Marathi audience is also mature enough. We can see critically acclaimed movies do good in Maharashtra.I used to feel proud that Marathi television Market is having good quality shows as compared to hindi and other regions.But now Zee Marathi is no different.

Right now Colors Marathi is trying good programs. Also if Sony continues to invest vigorously, I could see them surpassing Star Pravah. Honestly I just don't get What exactly STAR wants to do with Star Pravah.

After long time Star Pravah has launched a non fiction called ek tappa out(a stand up comedy program just like laughter challenge), when I saw the program literally, it was headache and I am not exaggerating.

Tamil top 10 channel anyone has
Top 9 tamil gec U+R(Urban+rural)
1.sun tv-1034
2.vijay tv-635
3.zee tamil-483
4.sun life-99
5.kalaignar tv-89
6.colors tamil-77
7.raj tv-44
8.jaya tv-43
9.polimer-33

Top 9 tamil gec Urban
1.sun tv-1077
2.vijay tv-759
3.zee tamil-473
4.sun life-105
5.kalaignar tv-100
6.colors tamil-93
7.raj tv-68
8.jaya tv-48
9.polimer-37

Top 9 tamil gec chennai
1.sun tv-1118
2.vijay tv-894
3.zee tamil-400
4.sun life-127
5.colors tamil-110
6.kalaignar tv-101
7.raj tv-71
8.jaya tv-53
9.polimer-29

*This data is in GRPs not in impressions

Last edited:
Top 9 tamil gec U+R(Urban+rural)
1.sun tv-1034
2.vijay tv-635
3.zee tamil-483
4.sun life-99
5.kalaignar tv-89
6.colors tamil-77
7.raj tv-44
8.jaya tv-43
9.polimer-33

Top 9 tamil gec Urban
1.sun tv-1077
2.vijay tv-759
3.zee tamil-473
4.sun life-105
5.kalaignar tv-100
6.colors tamil-93
7.raj tv-68
8.jaya tv-48
9.polimer-37

Top 9 tamil gec chennai
1.sun tv-1118
2.vijay tv-894
3.zee tamil-400
4.sun life-127
5.kalaignar tv-101
6.colors tamil-110
7.raj tv-71
8.jaya tv-53
9.polimer-29

*This data is in GRPs not in impressions
In chennai ct has 110 kalingar has 101 but still kalingar at 5th

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock