DDF Exclusive BARC TRP | Week 46

Though this seems valid claim from my point of view, some people are claiming this as not correct. One popular Tamil TV related FB page explained the difference between TRP and TVR. Zee's claim is based on TVR of each individual shows. So far there is no official report about TVR and that is why some are saying this may not be right numbers. But since Sun and Vijay didn't oppose this so far, this seems to be valid.
I agree. 8.30 to 10 Serials are far better than Sun TV. Especially I likes Oru oorla oru Rajakumari

Despite leading in three primetime slots, zee is unable to narrow down the gap with sun

Zee Tamil still repeats daily programs but Sun TV don't repeat going ahead when Zee Tamil stops repeats then that gap will be highly narrowed.

Eg : Sembaruthi No.1 serial overall can't even make into Top 5 only because of two repeats while Yaradi Nee Mohini makes it to Top 5 consistenly,since there's only one repeat that too the following day.

Last edited:
Despite leading in three primetime slots, zee is unable to narrow down the gap with sun
Sun has high viewership during non prime too. It's original content starts from early mornings and serials start from 10 AM. These cumulative viewership number adds up and that's why huge ratings. Even in national players original content is around 4 hours a day and it's double in sun tv

Zee Tamil still repeats daily programs but Sun TV don't repeat going ahead when Zee Tamil stops repeats then that gap will be highly narrowed.

Eg : Sembaruthi No.1 serial overall can't even make into Top 5 only because of two repeats while Yaradi Nee Mohini makes it to Top 5 consistenly,since there's only one repeat that too the following day.
For continuous two weeks, Sembaruthi is the No 1 serial in Tamilnadu,
It cant make into top 5, since its repeat is at 11 PM,
BARC takes the average of original telecast and repeat telecast in Prime time ( 6 PM to 11.30 PM)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock