BBC announces new drama commissions following Bafta success

Napster

Reaction score
Following the success at the Baftas where the BBC scooped five of the eight drama awards, BBC One controller Danny Cohen and BBC Drama Commissioning controller Ben Stephenson have announced a raft of new commissions.

Series Two of Sherlock will kick off a big year for drama on BBC One. 2012 will be a year of huge cultural significance and BBC One Drama promises to match that ambition by bringing audiences stories with real scale that connect with the hearts and lives of British people.

Stephenson said, "I'm very proud of all the BBC Drama BAFTA winners, I'm especially thrilled that Sherlock picked up the much coveted best series award."Danny Cohen and Stephenson have just commissioned 25 hours of new drama for BBC One at 9 pm in 2012; this includes two series (Anthony And Cleopatra and Savage), three serials (Inside Men, May Day, Restless) and two singles (Noah and Bert And Dickie).

BBC One controller Danny Cohen said, "Drama is a defining genre for BBC One, and these new commissions reflect the quality, range and ambition we have for our programmes."

indiantelevision

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock