(BMTC) inducted Country's first-ever electric bus in Bangalore

• Thread starter people
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 6
  • Views: Views 2,065

people

Contributor
Reaction score
Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation's (BMTC) inducted Country's first-ever electric bus in Bangalore.

miM5GeG.jpg

According to BMTC officials, the electric bus is being registered at the regional transport office & will mostly be used on one of the busiest routes in the City. The bus is likely be put to public use after the minister for transport inaugurates it, as early as next week.

The BMTC has set up a charging point at depot number 7 of the Kempe Gowda bus stand. The electric bus costs about Rs 1.2 -1.4 crore & has recently undergone certification process. The vehicle is air-conditioned & has a seating capacity of 32.

It can reach speeds of up to 90 kmph & can go from 0-50 kmph in 20 secs. The bus also has a seating provision for differently abled passengers. It takes 6 to 7 hours for the battery to charge, but when fully charged, the vehicle has a range of about 270-280 kms.

270km after 6hr charging.It willn't profitable like electric twowheeler.

Price is too costly. I think battery price is the main reason

This type of costly tech is not affordable to all in India.

Its very costly i think because of the batteries it is very costly

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock