• Replies: Replies 4,015
  • Views: Views 827,465
"Saand ki Aankh" world HD premiere 21st March 9pm on Zee Cinema HD
FMrW2lR.jpg

War
22nd march
12pm
Star Gold

Normally YRF movies Have been a patent of Sony Max. But this time they are premiering on a different channel from a different network. I don't know why.

War
22nd march
12pm
Star Gold

Normally YRF movies Have been a patent of Sony Max. But this time they are premiering on a different channel from a different network. I don't know why.
All the details of the deal between YRF and Star have been discussed for months, since October 2019. In short, YRF was unhappy that its exclusive satellite partner was neglecting its movies, so it walked out of the decades-long relationship and struck a deal with Star. New films from War onwards will be with Star, but existing films until Thugs of Hindostan will continue to be with Sony.

After SPN lost YRF it (specifically Sony Max 2 and Sony Wah; Sony Max, not so much) has been laying more emphasis on Hindi movies, but SPN may lose other studios too and it is quickly running out of time, as @dino29 and @ak7777 bros can explain better than me.

Last edited:
All the details of the deal between YRF and Star have been discussed for months, since October 2019. In short, YRF was unhappy that its exclusive satellite partner was neglecting its movies, so it walked out of the decades-long relationship and struck a deal with Star. New films from War onwards will be with Star, but existing films until Thugs of Hindostan will continue to be with Sony.

After SPN lost YRF it (specifically Sony Max 2 and Sony Wah; Sony Max, not so much) has been laying more emphasis on Hindi movies, but SPN may lose other studios too and it is quickly running out of time, as @dino29 and @ak7777 bros can explain better than me.

Sony is surely entering into new agreements with some production companies and i do hope that if Sony Network18 merger comes into effect then we will have a channel dedicated to bollywood movies from last 2 decades. Right now it cannot happen bcoz of limited such movies available with both these networks and much of it is seems moving out soon.

Jeet moving from Sony to Colors Cineplex might be a pre cursor.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock