DDF Exclusive Bollywood Movies TV Premiere Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter SPANDAN
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 4,321
  • Views Views: Views 900,594
I hope you are talking about Bhuj. It was a waste of time. Totally unrealistic movie. Meanwhile Bell Bottom is almost accurate and fits real life scenarios.
As I pointed out earlier, Sony Max has a big advantage here, which it is sadly not utilising fully. More than any other broadcaster, it has the rights of so many Amazon Prime Video movies (many of which are originals) and some Netflix ones as well, but has so far not aired them enough on TV, resulting in them being neglected.

With such a long lineup of movies coming, as well as the merger with Zee, I really do hope that Sony Max makes good use of commercial films such as Bell Bottom and Chandigarh Kare Aashiqui by airing them frequently in prime slots. Offbeat movies such as Chhorii, Sardar Udham, Atrangi Re or Haseen Dillruba should at least be aired in the watershed hours or in the afternoon slots (or maybe on &pictures/&xplor HD/Zee Bollywood post-merger, if their rights can be shared with Zee) instead of being neglected altgether.
Netflix and Amazon Prime Video originals: These are all the movies that are original productions of Netflix or Amazon Prime Video, not all films released on the platforms. Shockingly enough, the biggest broadcaster in this list is Sony Max, which has the great majority of Amazon productions and several Netflix ones as well (but neglects them on TV).

As I pointed out earlier, Sony Max has a big advantage here, which it is sadly not utilising fully. More than any other broadcaster, it has the rights of so many Amazon Prime Video movies (many of which are originals) and some Netflix ones as well, but has so far not aired them enough on TV, resulting in them being neglected.

With such a long lineup of movies coming, as well as the merger with Zee, I really do hope that Sony Max makes good use of commercial films such as Bell Bottom and Chandigarh Kare Aashiqui by airing them frequently in prime slots. Offbeat movies such as Chhorii, Sardar Udham, Atrangi Re or Haseen Dillruba should at least be aired in the watershed hours or in the afternoon slots (or maybe on &pictures/&xplor HD/Zee Bollywood post-merger, if their rights can be shared with Zee) instead of being neglected altgether.

There is big list of films which is not giving proper slots, they need to have a new bollywood movie channel focusing on popular as well as critically acclaimed films or atleast make Max HD bollywood driven. Integration of films between sony, zee will take time and then also all banners, companies might not agree to expand agreement due to various reasons.
Zee too needs to ramp up bollywood content, it too has movies being neglected and too much repetition of 50 odd films. Lastly make And Xplor available across platforms. They can afford paying carriage fee to popularize this channel and later operators will themselves sign updated RIO for it.

P.S. - Viacom18 also needs to distribute Colors Cineplex Bollywood properly, this channel is not part of current RIO hence carriage fee is only route which they can afford. Post NTO 2.0 implementation operators will sign New RIO and till then channel will b able to gain loyal audience

Jolly Bhai. It costs ₹20.06 for Max HD. Meanwhile Amazon Prime cost ₹999 now ₹1499 annually. Like you said. If they air or had aired YRF movies along with likes of Shakuntla Devi, Pati Patni or Woh or any other current Amazon movie. It could be a great move. Meanwhile SD feed needs to be given proper airtime.

VfRMlYv.jpg

Back
Top Bottom