DDF Exclusive Bollywood Movies TV Premiere Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter SPANDAN
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 4,257
  • Views Views: Views 889,556
Star has Kalki dude stop
So alongwith it can't they acquire rights of other bollywood movies too? ...... Infact even producers and movie production banners know that Disney Star hindi movie channels have a robust bollywood movies audience base hence such movies get max reach + viewership in the target audience base when aired on their channels.

As i have stated many times that remember for producers it is equally important that their movies do well on TV so deciding to sell satellite rights just based on which broadcaster agrees to give more money for buying rights is not the sole criteria which is looked into while such deals r signed

Last edited:
Already in an article it was stated that Zee will be very cautious in buying high costing movie satellite rights and even mentioned that on their network smaller films have performed better than the bog budget ones so i am of opinion that Zee Studios sell satellite rights of Mr. & Mrs. Mahi to some other broadcaster or Dharma Productions if they own it, if not Dharma Productions might sell the rights tp Disney Star.....incase of Auron Mein Kahaan Dum Thha too i don't think Zee will be that interested to buy its satellite rights at high cost..... As far as Bade Miyan Chhote Miyan is concerned, in recent times Sony seems to have not managed to garner desired success with such big budget movies barring Animal , Adipurush so i am again skeptical if they will be okay with buying rights of this movie at high price, more so Puja Films movie Cuttputli has done extremely well on Disney Star OTT platform and TV Channels and even generally most Akahay Kumar movies on Disney Star have got average to good response which again makes for strong reason why they may be interested in buying its satellite rights

So alongwith it can't they acquire rights of other bollywood movies too? ...... Infact even producers and movie production banners know that Disney Star hindi movie channels have a robust bollywood movies audience base hence such movies get max reach + viewership in the target audience base when aired on their channels.

As i have stated many times that remember for producers it is equally important that their movies do well on TV so deciding to sell satellite rights just based on which broadcaster agrees to give more money for buying rights is not the sole criteria which is looked into while such deals r signed
I don't want Sony to lose films. Now finally I'm seeing an even competitive fight from all networks. Zee has cut down on acquisition only focusing on their long term partners eg Excel and New Partners Zee

it is possible that it will Satellite Rights change Or Maybe Not
There are many films which are switching networks. So there are chances. BMCM will not change partners since Puja Films has recieved a lot of bad press. Auron Mai Kaha Dum Tha may change partners. Star has commendable reach though. Through YRF they have atleast one big ticket film every year. Sony has been surviving on small films.
Just as we thought Star will have a poor year without YRF, they got Fighter and most probably will get Kalki as well.
This year too Sony has got small films only.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom