C band on 70cm dish experiment

• Thread starter Thread starter arp91
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 17
  • Views Views: Views 3,630

arp91

Reaction score
First of all , if you think I am wasting my effort then please don't comment on this thread, It is an experiment, I already assume the possibility of complete failure, but still I want to try. So, I put an old Gardner lnb on my d2h dish, then set my dish to asiasat 7 , some movement of signal strength on some TPs, but not enought to lock any of them. Maybe I am not getting the skew right, I have no experience with C dish or lnb. Then I tried ST which has strongest EIRP values; nothing there either, got some movement on one tp but again 22% SS means the dish is not big enough. I will try some other sats too and report back. I took this up out of curiosity, I am really not bothered about what I get out of it.

Try putting a scalar ring in front of the c band lnb.
You will be able to lock some signals.
I am also interested in this experiment and it's results.
Thanks for your effort.

In my village many years back I used to have gardiner lnb and 8 feet dish and I did many experiments with it without any help.

At that time Gardiner LNBs were very costly and even more than what a c band dish costs these days.I even bought a S band lnb to get Insat signals.Also remember there were no mobiles,internet,dth,ku band or any source of info about satellites except a magazine from Bombay.Rest all was guess work.
Still managed to get many channels from Russian satellites,Asiasat which I think was only 1 at that time,Insat etc.Few existing satellites were not there then.
Now I live in city with.2 ku dishes ie 1 in the balcony for laosat/telstar and another on sixth floor terrace for yahsat.
So I like experiments and waiting eagerly for your results with scalar ring.
Best of luck.

Newb_Dxer said:
Try putting a scalar ring in front of the c band lnb.
You will be able to lock some signals.
I am also interested in this experiment and it's results.
Thanks for your effort.

I have scalar ring the one which came with lnb, but as of now not even one tp from any sat. Anyway, I will run some more tests, perhaps I am not doing it right as I have no experience with C band sats and LNBs.

Try the other conical shaped scalar ring available on solid website.
The flat one you have is the feedhorn which comes with c band lnb.
Conical scalar ring is different.

arp91 said:
I have scalar ring the one which came with lnb, but as of now not even one tp from any sat. Anyway, I will run some more tests, perhaps I am not doing it right as I have no experience with C band sats and LNBs.

This is my LNB, I have no idea how the skew should be.

Newb_Dxer said:
OK,
Why dont you try new type c band lnb which is smaller and lighter ?

There is no dish shop here, it's just a small town. I will try to get one from another city, for the time being i have only this one, we will see how it goes.

arp91 said:
There is no dish shop here, it's just a small town. I will try to get one from another city, for the time being i have only this one, we will see how it goes.

You can buy one from solid website.
My query is can this experiment be successful on a dish tv eliptical dish like this ?
e94c76789921b3aac0a2653c6b259cb4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom