Choosing STB

• Thread starter Thread starter Sherly
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 6
  • Views Views: Views 1,686

Sherly

Reaction score
Hi fellas.... I'm new here on planet DDF. I need your help in choosing a set top box for I don't know much about it. Today I bought a cheap STB just for rupees 450 to receive DD Free Dish. But, I have heard that DD is going to upgrade the network. So please guide me through the changes that will take place and suggest me a set top box that will last long with the new changes.
Thank you very much for your support.

Hey,

Welcome to DDF!

You can purchase Solid brand STB which is good reputed brand and features are good, easy to use with good hardware and graphical interface.

Currently DD FD not having specific Set top box. It supports any Free To Air - FTA box. You know Govt. Works gets delayed for obvious reasons. So don't expect it in the deadline they give.

Enjoy DDFD.

Can anyone please tell me from where I can purchase ku band dish antenna and lnb online.

The shipping cost will double of the dish antenna's cost. So better to buy offline. If still want to purchase try google, you will get many indian sites for online satellite dishes purchase.

Bapun Raz said:
Hey,

Welcome to DDF!

You can purchase Solid brand STB which is good reputed brand and features are good, easy to use with good hardware and graphical interface.

Currently DD FD not having specific Set top box. It supports any Free To Air - FTA box. You know Govt. Works gets delayed for obvious reasons. So don't expect it in the deadline they give.

Enjoy DDFD.
Thank you sir.
I've decided... I'll be using my cheap STB till DD authorized STBs come in the market. For I fear of my newly bought Solid STB (if I get one now) to become useless if iCAS is implemented through smart card.

Sherly said:
Thank you sir.
I've decided... I'll be using my cheap STB till DD authorized STBs come in the market. For I fear of my newly bought Solid STB (if I get one now) to become useless if iCAS is implemented through smart card.

Yeah same thing I wanna say you. Jusy enjoy your cheap stb and wait for DD authorized STBs.

Which  DTH service provider are you considering and hence the STB and remote will be provided by them.
In choosing the right DTH , you must refer the recommended choices you have in your area. 
Where do you live and what offer is suggested by the DTH service providers. Do consider them before taking the connections.

Back
Top Bottom