Seeking Help I have finally decided to get Airtel Xstream Android 12 STB instead of Tata play binge+, any last minute advices?

If you checked the plans, channels available on both Tata Play and ADTV and aware of things like lock in period and after sale services then go ahead with your choice. I don't want to confuse you, if not satisfied, you can always switch to a different operator later. Just don't get that box at regular price, there are some dealers here who can provide good offers. If you are already in Airtel ecosystem using their broadband or Sim card then consider Airtel Black for better service.
Yes sir

Actually the place where i have shifted is still developing, there is even no airtel fiber & jio fiber here 😞

And local broadband guys charge hefty amounts

Otherwise I was eager to get Airtel black plan

I have airtel sim cards but airtel people don't show any offer for pre existing customers on site

Currently Airtel Xstream box is priced at Rs 1500 with no offer like TP dhamaka offer,

Is it good to buy it at this price?

Airtel person said they have only Android 9 box available at my location

they don't have android 12 box available at my location

FFS they're trying to sell me android 9 box at today's date 😡

Heck even tata is giving android 11 box nowadays

I don't think i am ever going to enjoy TV peacefully 😣

Can I bring dish & android 12 box from another location & just get it installed at my location?

What to even do in this situation?

There is no as such Android 9 Box as it is the 1st variant of Airtel XStream Box launched back in 2019 and manufactured by Technicolor.....this is infact one of the best model of XStream Box both look wise and interms of build quality

Post installation u will receive software update which shall upgrade Factory Updated Android 9 to Android 11

Go for firestick/Chromecast,if you have anroid TV even you do not need these and subscribe to some apps like OTTplay or Watcho,pay subscription to them with lot of discount for famous apps.Sony/Zee/Hotstar.Why you need this box and pay,compulsory NCF Rs153 per month run the box.
Real advice.

There is no as such Android 9 Box as it is the 1st variant of Airtel XStream Box launched back in 2019 and manufactured by Technicolor.....this is infact one of the best model of XStream Box both look wise and interms of build quality

Post installation u will receive software update which shall upgrade Factory Updated Android 9 to Android 11
Ohk sir

But i think in today's time android 12 box is a bare minimum, they're trying to sell me old box

Many Airtel android 12 box reviews on utube say its fluid but the android 11 box is laggy & many features are removed too 😓

Dear @randomnon Don't Expect Indiacast HD Channels Now, Even Near Future!

It's Not Going To Happen For Sure!

It will happen anna, just let LCN Realignment happen as then Airtel Digital TV wil assign LCN to all channels as per slab agreed upon in RIO deal with various broadcasters....as i have said before currently pending Viacom 18 HD music channels cannot be added bcoz as per my understanding it would not comply with their LCN arrangement as signed in RIO deal and in order to comply they would have to shift some of Viacom18 HD channels to different LCN slots in respective genres where they r available like moving Colors Cineplex HD to LCN 220 .

Anyways anna can i please know why u r seeming so sure that these channels will not be added in near future?

Yes, you said several times that it's going to be added shortly for quite some time. Also, you explained the reason for the delay in various threads. But, it is the responsibility of airtel to make the processes fast and not the customers. Customers doesn't need to excuse airtel for any reason. If possible, could you please provide an ETA? If not, no need of posting the above statement in each and every thread.

Buddy, firstly i am just an ordinary subscriber of Airtel Digital TV and presenting my views as i have certain understanding on these things so based on present scenario i have decoded the reason why delay is happening and when addition is likely to happen...... Sorry but i cannot give any precise time period for this.

Also buddies companies too cannot fasten up process in some situations like if satellite is nearing retirement so any operator would not risk to overload it thereby will give preference to adding channels which seem more important.....similarly getting more transponders takes time so at best operator can wait for the same.

Similarly certain channel addition mostly incase of FTA channels or certain newly launched Pay TV Channels get delayed as both Operator and Broadcasters are not able to arrive at mutually acceptable decision as far as carriage fee is concerned

Also as i have stated many times when an operator wants to realign LCN and discusses the same with broadcasters, all broadcasters want to their channels to be available in Top LCN slots in respective genre so arriving at a consensus wherein both broadcasters agree and operators also can earn most revenue thru their share in subscription fee earned + incentive is a complex and time consuming task .....if this process gets completed then only LCN Realignment can start and pending channels be added which got delayed bcoz of empty LCN slots not being present or their addition with earlier LCN arrangement causing violation in slab agreement signed in RIO deal with broadcaster/s

So overall there can be several reasons causing delays in addition of certain channels.....infact i can tell u that many international channels too have been waiting to get added on Airtel Digital TV Platform but bandwidth constraints and LCN slot issue causing delay here toooo....even ETV Network HD channels, TravelXP group HD + SD channels, Disney Channel HD and many other channels will get added very soon

There is no such issue of rivalry between Airtel and Reliance causing delay in addition of channels as some members many times mention in the forum.....infact Airtel Digital TV has been the 1st / at the forefront in launching channels from Viacom18 on their platform in last 4 or 5 years...... Such kind of stiff competition is there is every industry not just telecom but it does not deteriorate relationship between companies in any major way and i can cite many examples too of this

even ETV Network HD channels, TravelXP group HD + SD channels, Disney Channel HD and many other channels will get added very soon
My point is, with just assumption as being a mere subscriber as others, never ever state that the channels will be added shortly or very soon. You don't know when the bandwidth issues and LCN issues will be sorted out. At the same time, you are aware that long pending channels will only be added after sorting out above issues. So, you cannot use shortly/very soon without any clues. Instead, you are repeating those statements for each and every missing channel. If replying to this, please stick to this point and do in a few sentences.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock