Colors Infinity changed its Packaging

It would have worked if the channel was launched today

No. It won't work. People are not ready to pay for content on TV specially when it's very limited , repetitive and censored. English GEC audience rather prefers to subscriber OTT and consume diverse porfolio of shows as per their own convenience. If sometime in future government allows SVoD type service without any censor mandate (apart from certain important exceptions) then this model may succeed but still it can't match what OTT offers due to host of factors including big cost involved in just running & distributing the channel.

Honestly Indian people love mix of subscription + ad driven model where both are maintained at a level which is good for for both parties. I am sure that only minute % will even be willing to pay even Rs.50/month for such channels, major audience for these channels is middle class who are very cost cautious, the rich n famous consume it just casually as they can afford to own all content in their personalised theatres at home with comfy recliner + best food to accompany. In India even netflix is considering ad supoprted model to lower monthly charges

Last edited:
No. It won't work. People are not ready to pay for content on TV specially when it's very limited , repetitive and censored. English GEC audience rather prefers to subscriber OTT and consume diverse porfolio of shows as per their own convenience. If sometime in future government allows SVoD type service without any censor mandate (apart from certain important exceptions) then this model may succeed but still it can't match what OTT offers due to host of factors including big cost involved in just running & distributing the channel.

Honestly Indian people love mix of subscription + ad driven model where both are maintained at a level which is good for for both parties. I am sure that only minute % will even be willing to pay even Rs.50/month for such channels, major audience for these channels is middle class who are very cost cautious, the rich n famous consume it just casually as they can afford to own all content in their personalised theatres at home with comfy recliner + best food to accompany. In India even netflix is considering ad supoprted model to lower monthly charges

I disagree if they had HBO content like Game of Thrones and Silicon Valley. Some people would still prefer to pay. I don't get why channels aren't utilizing the 11 pm to 6 am slot where uncensored content is allowed. ZEE Cafe did air The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Man and Lethal Weapons uncut. But c'mon who were they fooling. These were PG shows in America anyway.

I disagree if they had HBO content like Game of Thrones and Silicon Valley. Some people would still prefer to pay. I don't get why channels aren't utilizing the 11 pm to 6 am slot where uncensored content is allowed. ZEE Cafe did air The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Man and Lethal Weapons uncut. But c'mon who were they fooling. These were PG shows in America anyway.

Bro, uncensored content is not allowed even on watershed hours too. What you can max show is sensual content or certain raunchy dialogues but n*d*ty is forbidden. FYI Star World Premiere aired Game Of Thrones & many other HBO shows & nothing garnered viewership, it didn't work on Star World too which has wider reach. As i had stated these kind of shows work only on OTT, channels like Comedy Central are at top always bcoz of comedy or reality shows. Even AXN is airing age old shows but getting decent numbers courtesy non fiction content. Infact Both feeds of Comedy Central are in Top 5 means SD as well as HD version are being accepted well. Star World is in crisis and they r bringing their most successful show "Koffee With Karan" to attract audience. Let's wait, i believe Disney will try to get things in order.

@dino29: How are AXN and Zee Café doing? Also, Disney Int'l. HD.

@All: Please post snaps of the new graphics.

What’s the point of it? It takes up part of the screen and you can see timings on EPG

Disney made wrong decision, they should also have launched SD version of Disney International

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock