Breaking Colors to Start Telugu GEC Soon

I think they will rename as E TV18 not as Colors Telugu ;) but launching seperate Colors Telugu channel is not possible

ETV channels are initially registered as Eenadu Television Pvt. Ltd., Prism TV Pvt. Ltd. and Panorama Television Pvt. Ltd.

All Telugu (GEC and News) Channels come under Eenadu Television Pvt. Ltd.

Other Regional GEC come under Prism TV Pvt. Ltd. and Other Regional News Channels come under Panorama Television Pvt. Ltd.

Prism TV Pvt. Ltd. and Panorama Television Pvt. Ltd. is sold to Joint Venture of Viacom & TV18 (Viacom 18), which later on rebranded all ETV Regional (Prism TV Pvt. Ltd.) GEC’s under Colors brand and ETV Regional News (Panorama Television Pvt. Ltd.) channels under News 18 brand (Few Channels are still in process of rebranding).

So, ETV brand is completely different group owned by Ramoji Rao and not a part of Viacom 18. If Colors or News 18 has any plans to enter telugu market in near future, They have to enter as a competitor to ETV & Other Telugu Channels.

Last edited:
ETV channels are initially registered as Eenadu Television Pvt. Ltd. and Panorama Telivision Pvt. Ltd.

All Telugu Channels come under the Eenadu Television Pvt. Ltd.

Other Regional GEC and News Channels come under the Panorama Television Pvt. Ltd.

Panorama Telivision Pvt. Ltd. is sold to Joint Venture of Viacom & TV18, which later on rebranded all ETV Regional GEC’s under Colors brand and ETV News channels under News 18 brand (Few Channels are still rebranding).

So, if Colors or News 18 has to enter telugu market. They have to enter as a competitor to ETV & other Telugu Channels.
I think they will enter into Telugu market next year because in this same year Colors network planning to launch few more Tamil channels like as Ciniplex Tamil,Nick Tamil, or History TV 18 Tamil :wink::wink:

I think they will enter into Telugu market next year because in this same year Colors network planning to launch few more Tamil channels like as Ciniplex Tamil,Nick Tamil, or History TV 18 Tamil :wink::wink:
it is just hype... just to capture market pulse.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock