"Comendy Nights With Kapil " Starts from Tonight !!

• Thread starter Am@9
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 7
  • Views: Views 4,311

Am@9

Contributor
Reaction score
MUMBAI: He may be best known for his sidesplitting and utterly straightfaced but hardhitting stand up humor on Sony’s Comedy Circus. But this time Kapil Sharma has added more strings to his bow. Taking a foot forward, Kapil is not only performing in his upcoming comedy show, but also co-producing it.

c3b4151de5d716887979040980d55d56.jpg
The crazy family is all geared up to tickle your funny bone

The show, Comedy Nights with Kapil, will be aired on Colors, which replaces its current comedy show, Nautanki-The Comedy Theatre. Kapil, who is known for his witty comic timing, will now take a dig at important events of the week, harking back to the times of Shekhar Suman's Movers & Shakers.

8f250574d484868b545366bdca95db31.jpg
The show, slated to air Saturdays and Sundays at 10.00 pm, is premiering on 22 June. It will follow Jhalak Dikhla Jaa, season 6, and the channel 's management hopes it will help audiences continue to stay glued.

Conceptualised by Kapil, each episode will be co-scripted with his fellow writers, Heera, Shahaad, Raj and Dinesh Kumar. Rajeev Dingra is one of the creative directors while Oomang Kumar has designed the set.

Apart from Kapil Sharma, there are other talented, up-and-coming and intriguing comic actors, who will play an important part in the show. Ali Asgar playing the meddlesome-filmy grandmother, Upasana Singh-the unmarried eccentric aunt, Naseem will be portraying Vicky-the annoying servant and Sunil Grover will be playing cameos as various unconventional characters throughout the 13-part series.

45b8e4f172a4e4b9439cfb5869dc7e53.png
Kapil is now donning a new hat as co-producer for the show under K9 Productions

One of the highlights of the show is the household banter, where Navjot Singh Sidhu playing Kapil’s friend and confidante, will be seen giving Kapil solutions to his problems. Besides this, there will also be a fun interactive session with celebrity guests.

The programme is co-produced by SOL Productions' Kamna Menezes and Fazila Allana and Kapil’s K9 Productions. “I am grateful to Colors for providing me a big canvas for my creative ideas. The USP of the show is the interactive surrounding where I get to connect to a set of live audience,” says Kapil.

0f222ef2a008f4532023f5acfbb96099.jpg
Three episodes of the show have already been shot. The show will have Dharamendra, Vidya Balan and Emraan Hashmi, making guest appearances during the first few episodes.

With the launch of ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’, Colors is extending its comedy brand which it hopes will amplify the entertainment quotient of its programming lineup on weekends.

a0bf2f18a49a0a2b2519f30ab03fafb5.jpg
Colors programming head Manisha Sharma is banking on Kapil to work his magic on the channel's viewers

“The main reason behind taking Kapil’s show on Colors is also because he has got the creative powers to keep the audience hooked to him. His finely crafted comedy, never allows his stand-up instincts to go soft,” says Colors weekend programming head, Manisha Sharma.

‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’ will be competing for audiences eyeballs with other big properties on the weekend: Dance India Dance Super Moms on ZEE TV (3.6 TVR), CID on Sony (2.3 TVR) and India’s Dancing Super Stars on Star Plus (1.9TVR).

We will have to wait and watch if comedy wins over dance and crime. Over to you Kapil and Colors!

Courstey:: Indiantelevision.com

Reactions: Omi
Kapil Rocks Show openes wwith huge number of TRP Ratings 3.4

the show is very gud...its fetching very good ratings than established daily soaps...
i think india is ready for late night comedy show like those in US...
movers and shkrs was really good (the one on the Sony orgnal and not the SAb tv)..
and hope see some more comedians with such shows....
comedy circus is no more the same...

Every Episode is just Fabolus , i love the show

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock