DDF Exclusive Comparison of HD channels across DTHs (updated 24 July 2024)

• Thread starter Thread starter JollyLNB
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 199
  • Views Views: Views 74,552

Correct me if I am wrong ..tataplay has removed dd+ from most of the hindi and english channels..I see only dd , not dd+

Updated with two changes on Sun Direct: Sun Neo HD added on LCN 870; Travelxp HD removed from LCN 964. Should have done this on Saturday itself when the article was published, but somehow slipped my mind.

Last edited:
Updated with two changes on Sun Direct: Sun Neo HD added on LCN 870; Travelxp HD removed from LCN 964. Should have done this on Saturday itself when the article was published, but somehow slipped my mind.
Thanks for your update @JollyLNB bro...

Sun direct HD channels count is 78. However, in your list it's showing 77.

Could you please recheck the total count bro?

Updated with the addition of Disney Channel HD on Airtel Digital TV on LCN 459. With this, Airtel finally has all HD channels from Disney Star! :cheers:

Sun Bangla HD still remains missing though for some reason, and if this and Sun Neo HD are added, all HD channels from the Sun network will be present as well.

Updated with the addition of Disney Channel HD on Airtel Digital TV on LCN 459. With this, Airtel finally has all HD channels from Disney Star! :cheers:

Sun Bangla HD still remains missing though for some reason, and if this and Sun Neo HD are added, all HD channels from the Sun network will be present as well.

Will get added once Airtel Digital TV gets more bandwidth or even earlier if these channels have high demand....although i feel Sun Neo HD addition is not required at present as content of this channel is not quite good.....if Airtel gets ample free bandwidth like Tata Play then they can think of adding less popular / demanded channels too.

Right now i think Airtel Digital TV needs to increase its International News Channels count.....they should add Bloomberg TV, Euro News, NHK World, NHK Premium, KBS World, Arirang TV, ABC Austrlia, DW TV, Channel News Asia, Al Jazeera and even niche channels like Woman, Travel XP HD, Insync TV, Fashion TV, Food Food,,Song Dew and even on XStream Play app they should more premium apps content like Discovery+, Curiosity Stream, IWonder, VrOTT, Hallmark Movies Now, Apple TV, Stingray Music, BBC Player, BBC Kids , Fashion TV App, Mubi, Animax, Crunchyroll, Anime Times, MGM+ Fuse, Travel XP, and even other apps like MX Player, Zee5, Dangal Play, Jio Cinema and other popular regional language content apps.

Also let us see in near future what all other Live TV Channels including internet/server based channels they add on XStream Play Mobile Based App Platform and even on Android TV app .....i am also expecting lot of local Live TV channels getting added on XStream Play app and even Cable TV like local content and popular content channels on their DTH Platform

Airtel needs to strengthen its premium customer base which can be done if they add above channels + Apps on its DTH and OTT platform....also add local channels to further expand its mass audience base....they r already giving good bundled plans for each of these audience segments be it it via regular DTH service, Airtel Stream Play platform, Airtel XStream Fiber and Airtel Black Plans. If more variants of XStream Play OTT subscription plans r introduced it will further help give customers choice to chose plan as per the content they wish to watch, genre/language based affordable plans should be launched

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom