DDF Exclusive DEN HD Karnataka Review

• Thread starter Thread starter shreyaskini
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 12
  • Views Views: Views 2,601

shreyaskini

Contributor
Reaction score
I recently upgraded to Den HD and was contemplating about making a full review but i wanted to wait and test it for close to a month atleast before jumping to conclusions.

So you might wonder why HD upgrade this late? Well Den HD STB's were not available in my area for years and only last year they decided to start their HD services in my area. In the beginning they had channels which was not necessary for me. So only a few months back their channel count reached 70+ and it included the ones i needed. So last month i decided was the right time and since TRAI's new rule has made it clear that SD feed is no longer necessary it was beneficial for me.

When i first called my LCO i had enquired about it he said that they didn't have any stock left and would give me a temporary connection for some time which i'm still using.

Let's get on with the Pros & Cons

1.Pros were that it blew my mind with it's PQ and AQ. Both were phenomenal. I'd personally say it's even better than DTH PQ.

2.The number of HD channels 75 at the time of purchase(73 now) which was close to what most DTH operators provide.

3. Simple yet beautiful UI.

4. Recording facility is free of cost and all you have to do is insert a pendrive in the USB port(supports upto 1TB)

5. Most SD channels PQ has also improved(except sports)

Cons

1. Where should i start with? First few days with Den HD was amazing and flawless. Then came the constant picture freezing and frame drops. Whenever i called the LCO he said it was from Den backend. For a few days it went on and now it has reduced drastically but still i notice frame drops and audio drop all of a sudden.

2. Stock availability is pathetic and still i didn't receive my own new HD STB(didn't pay for it though so whatever!)

3. I'd have personally preferred STB's made by Technicolor, Humax, Skyworth etc and instead Den decided to go the cheaper route with Gospell Stb.

4. Although on most SD channels PQ has become slightly better the sports channels have worsened in quality. SD feeds are just unwatchable and during football matches the players look cloudy and just not pleasing to watch.

Conclusion

Overall i'd definitely not recommend Den HD to anyone who wants to enjoy their viewing since it has multiple issues despite having better PQ than most MSO's and DTH. The customer support is also below average and you're on your own if you face issues so take the safe route by getting a reliable DTH brand. Even my LCO has had it enough with the complaints and decided to move to a different MSO very soon.

Pics below!!

STB & Remote

V81LV8v.jpg

tgccPjZ.jpg

CSvkzM2.jpg

EQmYxNV.jpg

BM6ifS0.jpg

Nice review. The HD channels look good. SD also look Ok to me. Good that they are providing Dolby audio, did you happen to check the audio quality with a home theater?

Back
Top Bottom