• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 4
  • Views: Views 2,708

hike

Television Genius
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sumona Chakravarti, the female lead in Colors’ detective series?

Shows with a ‘shock’ value are presently the biggest sellers in TV today!!

Why not? Such shows have ample scope to keep the audience glued with a different dose of drama, intermixed with curiosity, suspense and intrigue...

Recent examples being shows like Naagin, Brahmarakshas, Kawach, Koi Laut Ke Aaya Hai...

Now soon to join the bandwagon will be the Nissar Parvez and Alind Srivastava show for Colors, with a detective backdrop under their banner peninsula pictures .

Tentatively titled Dev Anand, the show has already bagged its male protagonist in popular actor, Ashish Chowdhry.

Now after an extensive search to find his soul partner in the show, the search seems to have stopped at Sumona Chakravarti, who rose to fame as Natasha in Bade Achhe Lagte Hain. Post her stint in the drama series, Sumona has been extremely successful in showing off her comic skills with shows Comedy Circus, Comedy Nights with Kapil, The Kapil Sharma Show.

News coming in is that Sumona is all set to experiment with a new genre!!

As per a reliable source, “Sumona is presently in advanced talks to play the lead in the detective series on Colors. If she goes on to sign on the dotted lines, she will be paired opposite Ashish Chowdhry.”

Wow!! Interesting move for Sumona, isn’t it?

We buzzed Sumona who said, “There is nothing like this.”

We also reached out to Producers Alind and Nissar, and buzzed the channel spokesperson, but did not get any revert.

As we know, apart from Ashish, senior actress Joyoshree Arora has been finalized for an important role.

Watch out for more updates right here...

Source : TellyChakkar

Promo out now ;)
13c588d9fed6cd513431cece5b36018e.jpg

f87800f8d7bcefe26b810c80df568ee2.jpg

8faba74e33234e440bc4d3707208263b.jpg

Last edited:
Colors has been forced to change the name of its upcoming weekend show ‘Dev Anand’ to just ‘Dev’ after getting in legal bother with the legendary actor’s family.

A source told Times Of India, “We received a notice from Dev Anand’s family, which was forwarded to the channel. They must have discussed the matter, following which the show got a new title. We didn’t realize that it would pose such a huge problem.”
Leading actor Ashish Chowdhry told the publication, “It is news to me, too. From what I know, Mr Dev Anand’s family had an issue with his name in the title.

To each their own. In my personal view, it’s a tribute to a legendary actor. The name resonates with one and all and that says it all. But I understand the family’s reservations, too. I had changed my handle on a micro-blogging site to my character’s name — Dev Anand Burman. Guess it’s time to change that as well.”

The show was expected to launch this weekend but has been pushed back by a week to Saturday 5th August at 10:00 pm.

Colors forced to change name of 'Dev Anand' show

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock