Breaking Discovery & Discovery Kids to add 3 & 2 more language feeds respectively

• Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 30
  • Views: Views 12,436

Shubh

Contributor
Reaction score
Discovery Channel will see the addition of Marathi, Malayalam, and Kannada feeds.
There are no plans to have a separate regional language channel like Discovery Tamil.

The second area of focus will be Discovery Kids. The broadcaster will introduce Malayalam and Kannada feeds
Infotainment, kids, digital are three key focus areas for Discovery's Megha Tata - TelevisionPost: Latest News, India’s Television, Cable, DTH, TRAI
Infotainment channels giving regional feeds will increase viewership. Hope Animal Planet follows suit.

Some major cable don't provide regional feeds.
Cables usually directly fix the audio with the regional language, without any multi audio option.
Like; I have seen local cable where SONY YAY with Malayalam feed as default, no option to change audio feed.

I always wish Discovery and Nat Geo to provide Malayalam feed.I am happy with this news than SS1 Malayalam:kiss2:
SBE also should give more feeds including Malayalam, the best thing here will be regional feeds on HD channels.

Discovery Kannada audio feed will starts in mid August of this year.. A tweet replied by Shri Megha Tata(Managing director South Asia Discovery network.)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock