Dish TruHD - DD Sound

• Thread starter Thread starter qasimkaman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 13
  • Views Views: Views 3,897
Thank you qasim bro, Can you tell me videocon performance in your area? People go to videocon in Pakistan due to cheaper price as per my dealer advice. Whats your take???

This is true, it is cheaper but I didn't take it due cheaper option. Actually, I had DishTru HD before than I went for Airtel recorder for recording purpose, I managed for sometime Airtel with DishTV then switched from DishTV to Videocon due 5.1 sound. As per my understanding if I compare all three PQ wise Dish and Airtel is better but sound quality is horrible on DishTV if I compare it with Airtel and Videocon. Sound wise Airtel is better as Videocon has issue of low volume like if you keep same sound of your Amplifier on both STBs you will get louder sound on Airtel. If I conclude it the choice of Videocon is on the basis of 5.1 as I have Hifi home theater and with PQ I am big sound lover. I hope this whole explanation has answered your query

Thank you qasim bro your explanation is hlpfull i am using dish tv for some 2.5 years and now upgraded to dish tru hd. So what i am missing is ess hd pack. hopefully they fulfill customers need soon.

4 Beta

Actually, even if Dish TV provides 5.1 sound on only Movies Now, the audio quality on the remaining HD channels is also pretty good though not in 5.1. With a home theatre set up, it still sounds very crisp and nice. PQ of the HD channels on Dish also beats other DTH providers. However the problem with Dish is with the set top box. It's rubbish. The software is outdated, looks cheap and the less said about the recording function the better. I have not used D2H, but as far as the DVR STB is concerned, Airtel is far better, second only to Tata Sky (TS has by far the best DVR in the industry but of course lacks in adequate number of HD channels).

Back
Top Bottom