Dish TV & Videocon d2h Merger Updates

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,327
  • Views: Views 208,316
Insolvency is nothing but to calculate the debts of Videocon group and pay it,Dishtv has no problem of money,they will calculate and solve it,and once again merging process starts,Dishtv will not leave it easily I think,so situation is wait and see for another few months,till then d2h might change LCN's,do agreement with broadcasting, future plans etc

Who will pay the debt ? It's clear Videocon is unable to pay 29,000 crore. Are you saying Dish will pay 29,000 crore from his own pocket ?

Last edited:
Who will pay the debt ? It's clear Videocon is unable to pay 29,000 crore. Are you saying Dish will pay 29,000 crore from his own pocket ?
Then what's the meaning of article, may b I misunderstood, pls clarify me

Dish's statement:
“It has come to our knowledge that certain entities belonging to the Videocon group, including the promoters of Videocon d2h Ltd, have become subject to insolvency and/or enforcement proceedings by lenders. In light of the foregoing, the company is evaluating if there is any impact of the same on its rights and obligations under the definitive agreements and consequential effects on the transactions contemplated thereunder.”
What it means is they are looking if any of D2H's property was used as collateral by the Videocon promoters. It does not mean DishTv is acquiring any debt from other Videocon companies. The whole sale of D2H promoter shares was to finance payment of debt in their other companies. D2H is not in debt crisis only the previous promoter is under insolvency and for that they were selling their shares to DishTV. The current issue for Dish is to ensure all D2H assets are free from any previous commitments.

Yes bro u r absolutely right, so merger will continue without hesitation

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock