Breaking Disney has acquired 21st Century Fox’s film and TV studios in a landmark deal

Great ....means espn will come with star na???
I think this Big merger process takes huge time to complete and Sony's agreement with espn may also have some years(don't know exactly). So espn under Star willnot happen quickly.May be after 1-3years.
Im 100% sure after merger Star sports Select will rebrand as espn ...
In otherhand, Espn entered India to get their presence here as well as their parent Disney's. But Now the most valuable Star reached Disney's hand.It is not necessary to retain 2 brands. So their is chances to withdraw espn from india in future.

Last edited:
I think satellite rights of all the movies under UTV motion pictures will eventually reach to the hands of Star when the movie rights get expired from other network.Dangal etc.

The 20th Century Fox movie “Avatar,” along with films like “Titanic” and television shows like “The Simpsons,” will be owned by Disney under deal approved by shareholders on Friday.

Shareholders of 21st century fox and Disney have voted to approve Disney's $71.3 billion buyout of major Fox assets.

Shareholders gathered Friday morning at the New York Hilton for separate meetings to vote on the historic transaction that the companies first set back in December. Both meetings were brief, lasting less than 15 minutes.

Gerson Zweifach, general counsel of 21st century fox , told Fox shareholders the merger is expected to be completed in the first half of 2019. He hailed the deal as a transformative transaction that will enable us to unlock significant value for our stockholders.”

Disney, 21st Century Fox Shareholders Vote to Approve $71.3 Billion Merger

Disney and Fox Shareholders Approve Deal, Ending Corporate Duel

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock