Discussion Do big guns like PVR play a movie for a single person or it gets cancelled?

• Thread starter Thread starter Shubh_1733
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 15
  • Views Views: Views 1,859

Everything good here but why book online ticket with extra cost (service charge, internet charge) ? You can buy ticket at window and save this charges and enjoy the movie.

You know all seats are empty then you can go directly and book tickets at window that save extra charges on online booking.
Of Course I bought the ticket there directly, this pic was just used as a reference that I was the only one in the show

I have never done online booking for a movie (except for Fighter in Cinepolis where I got BOGO), I always do spot/advance booking

Recently I watched Inside Out 2 all alone in Inox

I went there directly at the time of the show & they asked me if I am okay watching it all alone to which I replied in positive so they started the show for me

I am curious to learn more about your experience.

Your experience of watching a movie as a singular person in the Auditorium.
And you experience of watching Inside-Out-2, as a singular person in the Auditorium.

(Some more tid-bits also, like did they turn-on the A/C, surround speakers, just for 1 person.)

If they are playing for 1 person, do they monitor if person has switched seats and moved to Diamond/Executive seats?
Yes. You can use recliner too. My wife and son enjoyed from recliner after interval. I didn't want to as of they come and ask me to change the seat, i would feel embarrassed so I didn't 😜

If they are playing for 1 person, do they monitor if person has switched seats and moved to Diamond/Executive seats?
I pretty much always do this. About 30 min into the show, I turn back, and check if some recliners are vacant. If yes, I shift into them. I have never been asked to move back, by theater staff.

This has never happened to me in National Chains, happened only once in my life in a local multiplex where I had bought a ticket of 120, shifted to 140 category after interval, but they came to know because there were hardly 8-10 people in the theatre & asked me to shift back to the 120 category

During this movie, I shifted to recliner after interval & nobody came to check
I am curious to learn more about your experience.

Your experience of watching a movie as a singular person in the Auditorium.
And you experience of watching Inside-Out-2, as a singular person in the Auditorium.

(Some more tid-bits also, like did they turn-on the A/C, surround speakers, just for 1 person.)
It was quite a peaceful & entertaining experience since there were no interruptions & distractions

A/C was already on when I entered, speaker was not working properly, like only some dialogues were loud reamining had a quite low sound (but it wasn't a major issue since subtitles were there), even lights were on, then after 15 mins or so they asked me if they should turn off the lights to which I agreed & that's when I told them about the sound issue & since then it was a flawless experience

I have had many instances where it was less than 5 people. 2-3 times it was 2-3 and around 10-12 times it was less than 5 people.

Never was the movie cancelled and 2-3 times I have changed my seat to the recliner also never been asked to change my seat back also.

Once I had booked a movie with my friend for 12pm show in a multiplex however due to some medical reason we arrived late at the mall around 12.30pm then had some food in foodcourt as we didnt have breakfast then by the time we finished having food it was 12.50pm we went to the multiplex showed them the ticket they said movie has already been running for 45mins. We booked for an English movie for 1.30hrs so almost half of it was over still we said we want to go then they scanned QR and let us in.

In the meanwhile we saw that there was another movie starting at 1pm which has half the seats empty, we went to the food area ordered snacks and after 5mins when the doors opened for that movie we silently went into that screen sat in one of the empty seats and silently enjoyed a whole movie.

I know the second part is not related to the question but just giving a hack on how you can watch a whole movie if you are late for your show in a multiplex

Back
Top Bottom