• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 80
  • Views: Views 13,938
RE: Ek Tha Tiger Movie Review By Me

Nice review Ravi budhwar. :) I will watch this movie tomorrow.. :tup

Ek Tha Tiger Movie Review By Me

Enjoy the movie Admin.

Sequel of Ek Tha Tiger on cards

Going by the ending of the Salman Khan hit Ek Tha Tiger, where Salman and Katrina are on the run going from country-to-country, it was foreseen that the makers have kept room for the film's sequel.

Now, turning assumptions into reality, it is being said that YRF has registered two titles Ek Hai Tiger and Ek Rahega Tiger for the sequel. If all goes well, the tiger saga will continue and so would its successful run at the box office.

Besides Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif's good performance, the film is being appreciated for its technical values, DoP Aseem Mishra's artistic work, the production designers from multiple countries, the sound design and sync sound and last but not the least the background score by Julius Packham.

Meanwhile, the film has been doing fantastic business and has reportedly garnered Rs 48.92 crore on its second day.

source

‘Ek Tha Tiger’ crosses 100 crore mark in five days

Kabir Khan’s ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ might not have received good reviews from critics but the audience placed the film at the top. The movie has broken the old records of Bollywood actor Salman Khan and set a new benchmark. Released on 15th August, 'Ek ha Tiger' made a grand total of 32.92 at the opening day. The first day collection of the film has broken the opening record of Hrithik Roshan starrer ‘Agneepath’.

‘Ek Tha Tiger’ has also set a new history by crossing Rs 100 crore mark at the domestic market in the opening weekend. On Thursday, the film's collection suddenly dropped down more than 50% and it continued to show low result on Friday but on Saturday and Sunday, it bounce back to a big collection at the box-office. Trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted yesterday, "#EkThaTiger *India* Sunday trends: Better than Saturday. Another BIG jump expected today."

In five days, it crossed 100 crore mark. The breakup is as such Rs 32.92 cr on Wed, Rs 14.5 cr on Thur, Rs 12.90 cr on Fri and Rs 16.75 cr on Sat and on Sunday the film collected Rs 23 crores net making it not only the biggest opener in the history of Indian cinema but also created a history of crossing Rs 100 crore mark in just five days.

Salman and Katrina starrer, ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ is a hard core action thriller with a love story of an ISI agent and RAW agent at the backdrop.

via BM

2ijneb8.png

Tigers can't make excuses of being unwell: Salman Khan​

Action films take a toll, says Salman Khan, who is recovering from a facial nerve disorder, and adds disarmingly that a "Tiger" can't make excuses like "I am not well" , a reference of course to his action film " Ek Tha Tiger".

"I am the 'Tiger', I can't make excuses like 'I am unwell, I can't do it'," Salman, who recently underwent treatment for trigeminal neuralgia in the US, told IANS in an exclusive interview.

"I have done all the things like running, beating, falling, jumping from one place to another.... if you are physically fit, you can perhaps do all this. But it takes a lot of toll on your body as you are doing the same thing the whole day," he explained.

Salman's hard work seems to be paying rich dividends as his espionage romp "Ek Tha Tiger" raked in Rs.33 crore on its opening day.

Now Salman wants to go back to the romantic genre.

"I am doing a romantic film soon. Action is very tough... One has to get up at odd hours, like early morning, to do action films, work till late night, do action in worst conditions like in hot weather, fighting on rooftops and dirty places. It is difficult," he said.

The 46-year-old is destiny's child. Controversy, it appears, could be his middle name; he is neck deep in legal battles and health issues and has yet emerged box-office king with back-to-back action blockbusters - "Wanted", "Dabangg", "Ready" and "Bodyguard".

All of them entered the Rs.100 crore club and "Ek Tha Tiger" is on a record-breaking spree too. After setting a new record by raking in Rs.33 crore on opening day, it has also smashed the weekend collection record by earning Rs.45 crore.

In Salman's view, with the increasing number of theatres and the rise in ticket prices, Rs.100 crore could soon be equivalent to Rs.10 crore.

"The exact collection starts from single screens and multiplexes in cities and small towns. With ticket prices and number of theatres also increasing, the films are likely to do a huge amount of business. Soon, this Rs.100 crore will be like Rs.10 crore," Salman said.

"And talking about the overseas business, who knows what business the film is exactly doing in overseas? Once the distributor starts giving actual figures, the numbers will definitely go up."

Salman forayed into Bollywood with 1988 film "Biwi Ho Toh Aisi" in a small role as Rekha's spoilt brother-in-law. Success was his the very next year with the 1989 romance "Maine Pyaar Kiya".

There was no looking back after that. He climbed the success ladder rapidly and churned out romantic hits like "Love", "Saajan", "Hum Aapke Hain Kaun" and "Hum Dil Chuke Sanam".

He then did romantic comedies like "Mujhse Shaadi Karogi", "Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya" and "Partner". In 2009, he endorsed action with "Wanted", the first in the series to hit the screen.

TOI

'Ek Tha Tiger' works wonders overseas too

Salman and success have become synonymous over the past couple of years. His ‘Ek tha tiger’ has raked in more than 137 crores in the past 7 days.

Not only in India, the movie has done wonders overseas too. In New Zealand it has become the highest earning Indian movie of all time. Trade analyst Taran Adarsh, who keeps people aware of all the details through Bollywood Hungama, had tweeted, "#EkThaTiger is @BeingSalmanKhan’s biggest hit in New Zealand. Biz at par with #3Idiots, #MNIK and #Housefull2 there."

The movie has done well in UK too. About which Taran had tweeted, “#EkThaTiger *UK* Wed £ 71,790 [25 screens yet to report]. Total: £ 888,650 [Rs 7.79 cr]. Racing towards £ 1 million mark!”

Earning in Australia too were not bad, "#EkThaTiger *Australia* Wed A$ 15,227. Total: A$ 494,248 [Rs 2.87 cr]. Ranks amongst the biggest grosser in Australia."

YRF is already thinking of making a sequel to the movie and have also registered names like ‘Ek Hai Tiger’ and ‘Ek Rahega Tiger’ for the proposed sequel.

With this collection it is likely to overtake Salman’s earlier 100 crores club movies ‘Dabangg’ and ‘Bodyguard’. Salmania is perhaps the success mantra for his movies. As all his movies are released during Eid, his fans feel they are more connected to him from the heart than mind.

After Eid, Taran had tweeted , “Although the holy month of Ramzan kept a chunk of the movie-going audience away from theatres, yet, the opening weekend business of the film is far superior than Bodyguard [except U.K.], which is the biggest opener of Salman Khan in the international arena.”

Salman’s earlier movies ‘Bodyguard’s earnings have been 148 crores and ‘Dabangg’s 147 crores. It is most likely to overtake their earnings. If it can earn more than Amir’s ‘3 id*ots’, which had grossed 300 crores, is yet to be seen. Trade analysts are expecting it to earn more than 200 crores in India alone.

In ‘Ek tha Tiger’ Salman has cut down on the crass jokes and made up for it with his acting abilities. But some, including the critics have felt that the film lacks in a credible story. It seems though, for mass entertainers, story is not so important. With proper distribution, aggressive promotion (to create mass hysteria) and satellite rights, movies are becoming hits well before they are released. By the time public knows they have been ‘fooled’, the film has already raked in the mullah.

Via BM

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock