DTH updates EPG name of Jeet Prime will be changed w.e.f. 13th January 2020

• Thread starter Sagar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 21
  • Views: Views 4,368
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well bhai, i know that fully well. Infact my comment was hinting to the fact that Discovery is likely to make corrections and place ID in appropriate genre like Epic Channel did sometime. They r relaunching it after earlier failed attempt hence do not expect same replica. Being in infotainment genre will also help fetch ads, in GEC they cannot compete even a bit with leading channels and honestly ID is not having any content which can be branded under general entertainment.... This time having content in original English language is added advantage too
This rebrand is doomed as well. As TRAI did nothing about missing channels on bouquet. If one is buying any of Discovery's HD bouquet. They are not getting the channel. Same is with FYI TV 18. Also BBC Earth entering Sony's bouquet and DSports leaving Discovery. Odds doesn't look good for Discovery here.

This rebrand is doomed as well. As TRAI did nothing about missing channels on bouquet. If one is buying any of Discovery's HD bouquet. They are not getting the channel. Same is with FYI TV 18. Also BBC Earth entering Sony's bouquet and DSports leaving Discovery. Odds doesn't look good for Discovery here.

Well its upto operators to sign RIO for respective bouquet, TRAI cannot force operators to carry any channel. Similarly TRAI has not restricted broadcasters to price their channels, all they said was if channel is part of bouquet then standalone rate cannot exceed Rs. 12... Also the other terms r placed to not have huge difference in bouquet or total standalone price of channels part of it or high/low price chs not clubbed in one bouquet . If broadcaster is confident of content then they should happily accept consumer choice of selecting favourite channels. By the way in previous framework all these broadcasters gave channels at low prices if average price is looked in bouquet then same can happen now too, yes the advance money thru long term deals and guaranteed reach by operators forcing us bouquet is gone ... This is causing the opposition.

BBC Earth was always part of Happy India (A) bouquet but excluded in entry level Happy India ROI bouquet, now operators for some reason included ROI version in their mid level customised base pack thus impacting reach of BBC Earth. Now ROI bouquet discontinued by Sony. Exit of DSport will be accompanied by entry of EuroSport in Discovery bouquet. Also i think if Sony takes control of Network18 then Discovery will join the Viacom-CBS-Sony JV , A&E (History/FYI) will go over to Disney thus making Discovery fill vacuum in the infotainment space for them.. Sony will handle sports along with Eurosport as ESPN moves to Star India stable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock